Profile Design Airstrike Aerobar Handlebars

Profile Design Airstrike Aerobar Handlebars

AirStryke features 115mm of bar length adjustment to accomodate riders of all sizes. Sturdy yet light 6061-T6 construction lets you add an aero position to your road bike without weighing you down. Flip-up ZB brackets free up space...

[Oct 28, 2009]
rambo

Strength:

Solid, comfortable, good for climbing, well made, except for the springs

springs breaking

Had for 2 years with no problems. Comfort is great - I love the shape - they give a few grip possibilities which eases nerve damage. Also I can put a LED on the end which is cool for winter.

Flip up pads are good as they do what they say - they get out of the way for climbing - I have not used other aerobars, but image I would be annoyed without this feature.

Yes they do chatter over rough surfaces, but to honest I never noticed it.

After 2 years the springs that do the flippin have all broken. The agent tells me its do to corrosion from sweat - I doubt it. It looks like regular fatigue to me. Anyhow, I have to buy whole new pad assemblies to replace. Bugger that, I only need the springs, so I have made a temp repair myself. Without the springs, the pads flap around uncontrollably. I'll hit ebay to buy another - I can't see anything else that would be any better. Maybe T1+/T2+ or carbon strykes?

[Jun 07, 2009]
driscoli

Strength:

durable, flip-up design allows more hand positions

can seem bulky, difficult to fit at first due to high position above th bars

I got these to try aerobars out on my road bike. Their best feature is the spring-loaded armrests that move them out of the way. It was difficult to get a good fit at first. They're durable and fit my bars well. They're good for folks who aren't totally into tri's or time trials but want to try out aero positions.

[Sep 05, 2008]
mhywan

Strength:

- price
- flipped up pads give you the top of the handlebar for riding.

1. could be non-UCI compliant: saddle has to be above top of handlebar.
2. aerobar going below your normal handlebar could rub against top tube or headset.
3. rattling noise when not in aero position.
4. awkward arm movement when in aero position and need to shift trying to keep the pads down.
5. elbow pad adjustments not flexible enough as they are bolted on top of the handlebar clamp.

I bought this to do time trials. I intended to buy the T2+ but the salesperson in Portland recommended this saying the flipped-up pads gives me the top of the handlebar for riding as well. I should have stuck to the T2+ as this gives me problems both in setting up my TT position and during time trials when the pads flip up when I want to shift.
I would recommend road racers to stay away from this and get the T2+.

[Jul 08, 2008]
Jon bainbridge

Strength:

Conveient to use and comfortable for long rides.

The hinge on the flip up arm isn't made strong enough.

The right spring loaded flip up arm rest is braking at the hinge an will have to be replaced. This was caused from normal use.

[Mar 23, 2004]
Touch0Gray

Strength:

flip up out of the way

flip up out of the way...FREAKING RATTLES!!!!!!!!! rated down exclusively due to ratting love em other than that!

we have a love/hate relationship, they are perfect , they flip up out of the way and are comfortable to be down on...BUT..... UNLESS YOU ARE ON A SMOOOOOOOOOTH Surface... they are noisy as hell...they rattle and chatter.... I am tempted to take them off unless it is windy and I want to be on the bars.