Salsa Cycles Poco Bar Handlebars

Salsa Cycles Poco Bar Handlebars

Salsa Poco drop handlebars are short and shallow, ideal for smaller riders.They have a single groove and a black finish and are super short and shallow. Width measured centerTo center Single groove and a black finish Super short and shallow

[Oct 19, 2008]
christie

Strength:

everything! i have small hands and these bars are great! i can reach the controls quite easily whether i'm on the hoods or in the drops...........these bars have a 70mm reach with 125mm drop

none!

i bought these bars 1 month ago to replace my stock bars. before, i had never really felt comfortable and in control in the drops.............until now! i now feel both when i am doing long, fast, and steep descents.

some giant generic brand bar

[Jun 08, 2006]
kelly

Strength:

good vibration damping for a aluminum bar,lightweight, affordable, great bar for women with shorter reach

none so far

I am 5'4" and was looking for a bar that would give me a smidgeon more reach to the brake gearshift levers. After reading several positive reviews of this bar I purchased it. It's very lightweight and overall a better bar than the stock one that came with my Giant TCR3 composite. After using one set of shims on the brake levers I have perfect positioning and am very happy with the bar.

giant stock bar

[Jun 17, 2003]
roadrashcycling

Strength:

Size and shape. Nice design for overall use of the bar without extremes from top to bottom. Nice finish!

none-zip-nada-nyet!! Ok, knock off 10 bucks from the price......

A great bar if you are looking to use all the available hand positions. I am 5'8-1/2" with a medium sized hand and these fit better than anything I've tried. I can reach the levers from above and while in the drops. I like a larger bike frame and the short reach help get the bar back without resorting to a wierdly short stem. The almost exagerated anatomic shape of the drops is really comfortable with lots of palm support. I'm pretty thrifty with "5 out of 5" ratings but these get it! I'm getting another for my 'cross bike.

Nitto (several), TTT morphe (ugh!)

[May 26, 2003]
Clay Ewing

Strength:

Light enough; great positioning, thoughtful design.

None.

Since this is often listed as a woman's bar, I was curious who reviewed them here, and am surprised to find mostly men. Me? I'm mid-size with small hands (5'8"; my height, not my hands), and have a hard enough time reaching the brakes on regular bars. I've also noticed my back--never a great fan of negative stems and the full-on aero tuck--protested so much the last few years, I saw the Poco on a friend's bike, heard his rave reviews, climbed on and my hands just fell into place. The shallow drop creates the perfect spot that's not too deep for my aging back for long periods in the drops (combined with Salsa's very fine S.U.L. +15 stem). The ergo spots fit my hands just right, and the vibration may not rival carbon bars, but, then again, neither does the price. Wonderful, not-for-women-only bars, good enough to pretend Ross Schaefer designed them himself.

3T, Cinelli, Modolo

[Nov 09, 2002]
Kevin

Strength:

Nice and stiff for climbing. They come in a 38 cm width which is perfect for me and has reduced the fatigue I experience when riding on the hoods for long periods of time. Nice 'anatomic' feel in the drops -- I can stay there for hours. Comfy on the tops, too, especially at the corners where the hooks begin.

Takes some getting used to if you're switching from a much bigger bar, like a 42 cm width.

A bar that does not make me feel like a little guy. I'm 5'6", 140 lbs., and typical road bars are made for the same men that 'Size Medium' shirts are made for -- someone bigger than me! I do marathon cylcling and therefore use a frame with a slightly longer wheelbase than a typical road bike in order to smooth out the bumps. The short reach of the Poco bar allows me to maximize frame size at 52 cm. With typical reach bars I'd have to use a smaller frame.

Nitto Grand Randonneur.

[Sep 28, 2002]
XECLX

Strength:

Salsa product are plain out good. Offers a short 70mm reach.

short reach bars. I purchased these at whim at a lbs, I was not informed that they have a 70mm reach. I have used the for a year, no complaints. Although I will swap them off soon. If one needs to shoten reach without over comprimising a short stem the salsa poco will do the trick.

Salsa bell lap cyclocross

[Apr 19, 2002]
simplystella

Strength:

comfortable, good value for the price-worth getting! Esp. for shorter riders that want a drop that is comfortable. I used to feel like I was about to kiss my wheel w/old drops!

none yet

I swapped the stock handlebar for this one and am very happy! I am a short rider (under 5''''3") and always felt like the drop was too far down and the reach too far out, even with the shortest stem on my fitted road bike. Many hand position options, comfortable and IT FITS!

stock on both my road bikes.

[Feb 11, 2001]
john murphy

Strength:

shortest reach and drop i could find

has slight loss of finish

i had to write this..i had ttt's and switched and it was sooo much more comfortable..got a new bike and thought the cinellis would be short enough but switched last night and it is sooo much better...if you were thinking of getting a shorter stem first go with these i garantee you'll love em and they make adjusting hand positions much easier...they are single cable routed but i like the little extra width they give the bar because of the cable anyway...light and the black finish is durable.

cinelli nerve...ttt 260..

[Feb 15, 2001]
john m

Strength:

i did this once and it disapeared...the shortest reach and drop out there...they are great, i tried nerves and ended up switching back...color stays...makes moving hands easier and the drops are closer...if you were thinking of getting a shorter stem start with these

price not that bad compared though

i will have these forever or atleast the equivalent reach and drop

ttt 260 i think it was and cinelli nerver