Bontrager Race Lite Saddles

• Hollow Stainless Steel Rails

[Aug 11, 2011]
Dick Elwood

None so far

I sold my 2005 Madone 5.2 early this year and bought a 2010 (the last US made). I replaced the stock Bontrager saddle on my old bike and assumed I would do the same on my new bike. I thought I'd first give the Bontrager a chance and was surprised that it is actually quite comfortable. I've ridden a 1000 miles I don't see any need to change it, at least for now. It works for me.

Selle San Marco Aspide

[Mar 24, 2008]
Scott Ayler

Strength:

Price is fair, good padding.

Poor workmanship.

This seat came with my Madone. It is fine for fitness riding, but accordingly to the dealer I purchased the Madone from (in Zion), there has been many defective saddles that have been returned. I noticed my saddle during a photo session. I drooped on the left side (ever so slightly). Supposively it is covered with a 5 year warranty ... but I still have to be issued a replacement. Very sad.

[Mar 05, 2008]
The Jiggler

Strength:

Very comfortable, normal shape (no cut out), nice quality construction.

None yet.

I originally tried this saddle on a rental bike last summer while I was up in Mt Vernon Washington. I did a 35 mile ride and was instantly in love. When I got back, I decided to try and make my current saddle work (Selle Italia SLK), but could not make it. I finally picked one up on ebay for next to nothing and could not be happier. I have had all sorts of saddles, but nothing seemed to be really comfortable. In spite of the lack of a cut-out, I have no problems with numbness on this thing. I have tried various cut-outs, but they all eventually cause caffing or sores. I have not had a problem with that either.

Selle Itallia SLK and SLR, San Marco Aspide and Aside Arrowhead, plus lots of other cut out and gel saddles.

[Feb 04, 2008]
mrpotatohead

Strength:

strongly made, light, good looks (temporarily)

minimal pressure relief, bony in the wrong places. The wrong saddle for me

seat came with bike, it seems to be light and quite well made except for white colouring on sides which started to rub off after 3 rides. Very little in the way of pressure relief therefore ended up numb, sore and tired after anything more than 1 1/2 hrs. Probably would suit some butts but not mine! replaced it with my old velo saddle which cost $5 2nd hand..no problems now.

specialized bg comp, several wtb saddles,

[Sep 25, 2007]
Tom Henderson

Strength:

None for me.

Narrow, hard, no flex, causes numbness.

This saddle came with my bike, so I decided to try it out. It was uncomfortable from the beginning. And when I did my first 40 mile ride on it, I had some numbness in the privates area. So this saddle has to go.

I don't have an especially wide butt (34" waist), but I feel like my cheeks are hanging off the edge of it. It might work better for someone who's very narrow in the hips.

[Jun 12, 2007]
mm

Strength:

light weight, pressure relief, good padding, flexibility, good looks.

The SQUEAK!

2007 Bontrager Race Lite saddle product number 277981. With 150 miles in, for me, this is a vast improvement over the previous race lite saddle which came on my 07 Lemond. Wonderful comfort, flexibility, and pressure relief from good looking very light weight 215 gram saddle. Only one thing, it squeaks when my cadence reaches above 90. Going to talk with the dealer about this. Other than that I love it. Lemond and Trek should put this saddle on their new bikes so some of us wouldn't have to buy a new one. Value I give it a 5. I've purchased more expensive saddles with less luck. Overall if it didn't squeak, which could be a defect, I would rate it 5 again but for now it gets 4.

BG saddles, older model Bontrager race lite saddles sucked, no pressure relief.