Bontrager Race Saddles

Race

• Made In Italy By Selle San Marco
  • Cr-Mo or Titanium Rails
  • Cover Available in Black, Grey or Dizzy Izzy / Leather, Perforated Leather or Kevlar

• User Reviews (3)

brinntache   Road Racer [Jan 16, 2009]
    Strength:

Somewhat comfortable, didn't give numbness to my man parts.

too narrow, irritates certain soft tissue.

The seat is narrow and curved. So much so that is goes right into you butt. Gave me an external hemmeroid. Might work for someone with narrow sit bones.

Similar Products Used: selle italia max flite.
    casualrider1   Recreational Rider [Mar 14, 2008]
    Strength:

Cheap enough to keep the price of the Trek 1000 down.

Very uncomfortable. My weight seemed to be supported not on my sit bones but in between. No matter how my seating position was adjusted, I could not get this seat to be comfortable.

The saddles is way too soft, even for a recreational rider. I ride approx 700 km a year and this was soft by my standards. I did not realize this until I tried a Selle Italia C2 Trans Am and it was comfortable from the beginning. I have done hundreds of Kms on the Selle Italia C2 and this saddle is a dream.

The saddle seems to get very hot and does not allow for much circulation around the seating area, a topic not often discussed in saddle design.

I never wore nicks, but I think that would have made things worse.

The saddle is very high in the middle, hence putting a lot of pressure in between your sit bones.

The side lining of the saddle meant that the very upper part of your thigh in contact with the saddle created a lot of friction during pedaling. This didn’t cause chaffing but seemed to make the bike feel slow (relative to other saddles) and make peddling seem laboursome.

Too soft, even for recreational riders.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia C2 Trans Am,
    casualrider   Recreational Rider [Mar 14, 2008]
    Strength:

Cheap enough to keep the price down on an entry level bike like the Trek 1000.

Very uncomfortable.

I never wore nicks, but I think that would have made things worse.

Too soft even for recreational road riders. Must discard, there are much better saddles out there.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia C2 Trans Am, 2008. A much harder and better saddle, even for recreational cyclists.