Brooks B17 Titanium Saddles

• Chrome plated steel metalwork
  • Hammered copper rivets
  • Length: 280mm

RS1   Recreational Rider [May 11, 2010]
Strength:

Fantastic classic build quality, incredible durability, great looks, superb comfort.

Weight (if you've given your bike anorexia by proxy)

It took me 5 skinny/light saddles, a very sore backside (to the extent of thinking I'd need an arse transplant after a century ride!) and a major dent to my vanity before I took my mate's advice and borrowed one of his (many) B17s-immediately went out & forked out the cash. If my rear end could talk it would have thanked me most profusely. Like riding on air all day-forget the hundred or so extra grams-just eat less meat pies. Looks great, adds real character to the bike and the fabled breaking in period was no great shakes-started off comfy enough and just got better & better over a few hundred miles/few weeks. Transformed my climbing-the small rise at the back really gives you something to brace yourself against to let you dig in where you might otherwise be tempted to get out of the saddle. Can now focus on the world around me for as long as I like rather than the hell of discomfort and that very unsettling numbness below. Believe the hype-get a Brooks.