Brooks Swallow Classic Titanium Saddles

Brooks Swallow Classic Titanium Saddles

The Swallow Classic reproduces the timeless design of the daddy of all modern racing saddles, first in production in 1937. It is available in 2 versions, one featuring the orginal chrome plated steel metalwork and one featuring a much lighter titanium metalwork.

[Mar 01, 2010]
benb

Strength:

Comfortable. Beautiful to look at. Will probably out last a titanium bike frame if correctly maintained.

Even with titanium rails it is heavy. Not recommended for riding while saddle is wet. Brings a tear to my eye when the leather is scratched, when leaning bike against a brick wall.

The Swallow replaced a Selle Flite Gel, I rode that saddle from 2000 to 2006. Completed 2 Ironmans and about 6 half Ironmans. I had no idea how uncomfortable I was, I just assumed that cycling was an uncomfortable sport. Decided to get Brooks mostly to see what the hype was about. After 2+ years on a swallow it is now so painful to ride anything else. I am, however, keen to try a Selle SMP for wet weather riding.

Selle Italia Flite. San Marco Contor.

OVERALL
[Sep 11, 2008]
Joe G

Strength:

On a century ride and after 85mi.
the saddle started to get mild unconfotable, stand up for a little bit and it was fine for the rest of the ride.
You can easely go 75mi. siting down with out get up and still be fresh to ride the next day.

pricey

I have a Brooks Swallow classic Ti,This is the best saddle I ever owned.
I`ve tried al kinds of hi-tec saddles,
and have quite a few still in the garage,spent a ton of money trying to get a comfi ride and finaly found it.

selle italia flite trans am,fizik arione,
selle italia C2,E3 cycling Ti.

OVERALL