Fizik Aliante R1 Saddles

Fizik Aliante R1 Saddles

The Fizik Aliante R1 Saddle with Carbon Braided Rails is a lightweight and durable saddle that doesn't sacrifice comfort. The Aliante R1 has been a favorite among every stripe of cyclist, which makes it the perfect choice if you're searching for a new saddle type. The Aliante R1 features Fizik's...

[Oct 26, 2016]
sjh

Strength:

Light, comfortable saddle

A bit expensive
Different than previous model - may not be a good replacement for everyone

I have been exclusively riding Aliante saddles for quite a few years now. I was tentative in picking up the new R1 for my new bicycle as I had a carbon version of the previous style.

The shape is very similar but the padding is a little firmer and the base of the saddle appears to be one piece carbon reinforced. Although padding is firmer the base seems to have a bit more flex. For me it works and is as comfortable as the old style. If you like the older Aliante I think this one a pretty close match.

I have been riding 10+ hours a week on this saddle and am very happy so far. I can't tell a significant difference when I switch to the old style saddle. I will purchase another for my next bike.