Fizik Dolomiti Saddles

Dolomiti

• Wider shape for comfort
  • Cut out shell for pressure relief
  • 80mm Rails

larryal9   Recreational Rider [Sep 19, 2005]
Strength:

Very comfortable on long rides. A superb value especially when compared to other high dollar saddles. At $20 I don't mind buying an extra or 2.

Weight. I can't find the weight of this saddle on the Fizik website. I did weigh it on a triple-beam (centigram) balance - the max weight for the scales is 311 grams and the Fizik pegged it. I'm guessing the saddle weighs close to 350gr. Less than ideal for weight conscience riders but not that much worse than my 289gr Selle San Marco ERA. The other weakness is that the saddle is hard to find.

The Fizik Dolomiti is a very comfortable saddle. The only thing I have for comparison is a Selle San Marco ERA Luxe. I normally 30 mile rides a few times per week. The Selle San Marco has always left my sitbones sore. I did a 40 mile ride with the Fizik Dolomiti and wasn't sore at all. The Fizik is a heavier saddle but I don't mind a little extra weight if it means comfort.

Similar Products Used: Selle San Marco ERA Luxe
OVERALL
lsw123071   Recreational Rider [Oct 22, 2004]
Strength:

Smooth surface, durable

None really, just hard to find in a bike shop.

This saddle came with a Schwinn Mountain bike which was a surprise, it was listed by fizik as a road saddle and is now in service on the road. A saddle should be put on a bike and forgotten about. The smoothness reduces friction when in and out and up and down when moving around the saddle. The weight of the saddle is maybe a little lighter than most. The width is what makes this one work for me. 140 mm at the back.