Ideal Saddle Modification Adamo Road Saddles

Ideal Saddle Modification Adamo Road Saddles

The little brother of the Racing saddle and 5mm wider, with slightly more gel and padding. We found this doubles as an excellent aerobar saddle and also works well while riding the hoods. Designed for 0-90 hip angle positions. UCI compliant and also boasts the transition hook on the rear.

[Jan 01, 2013]
Dustytrails

Strength:

No break in needed comfortable immediately.

Went for a fitting after adding this seat because it seemed to promote a significantly different hip angle. They said it looked fine.

I am a 130 pound female, 5'4'.......i had two miserable months on a Terry ride like a girl saddle. The nose of the saddle and the pain it caused on front of pubic bone when i was in aero position, never left my mind while riding. I am ecstatic about this adamo i picked up for fifty bucks on craigslist. Thanks for selling it...and no its not too wide. I am a sprint tri racer and ride minimal mileage on rolling hills. My son stole this seat from me for a couple weeks..so i installed his stock Cervelo seat on my bike.... rode a couple times and ended up with a blister after ten miles, twice. Because i ride hills i would like to try the SMP with the upturned seatback, might be nice to have some leverage....but I am happy for now.

[Jan 30, 2011]
dchamberlin

Strength:

No numbness whatsoever. Complete comfort.

Slightly heavy and it can be uncomfortable on the muscles down there for a couple rides but

I have used a Fizik Aliante since buying my Cervelo RS last year after using the ISM Road Saddle for two years. I've finally had to give it up and go back to the one saddle that doesn't cause me any numbness or discomfort when I ride. I'll never leave ISM again.

Fizik Aliante

[Mar 26, 2010]
kirand

Strength:

No more numbness, comfortable, good quality.

nothing

Just like most ISM customers my main problem on longer rides was numbness and pain in the genital area.
I can only say THANK YOU!! I almost quit riding my bike because of the issues, but thanks to the Adamo saddle I have no problems anymore, even on long rides.
The fit was no real problem. For the first few rides I had an allan key in my pocket and stoped every now and then to do some adjustments. Since my third ride I've got it just right.
Thank you ISM for giving me back the joy riding my bike.

Selle Italia Flite, Flite Max, Fizik Arione, Fizik Aliante, Prologo Nago pas, you name it, I tried them all!

[Feb 04, 2010]
Warren

Strength:

Cure for male numbness.

none so far.

After purchasing my bike I quickly found that I kept going numb in the groin on rides longer then 30 minutes. This saddle came to my rescue! It takes a few rides to get used to the saddle, but once you do what a difference does it make. No more numbness.

Fizik Tri

[Dec 17, 2009]
Coucoui6

Strength:

Great design... it does what it advertise. Solved all my numbness issues

My butt is always very sore after each ride. my butt bones feel brused for about 1 week after every ride. I feel that the seat is really too pricey, but then again... alot of big name brands are too $$$

If you review the ISM website's FAQ, it will tell you to slowly get use to the feel of this saddle... If you call the ISM customer service (they are very nice) will tell you to limit your ride to 25 miles and it may take up to 7-10 rides to strengthen your Butt Muscles. but after 3 mths of ownership... i just cant get used to it. i'm only 5'7" and 160 lbs and used to log 50+ mile rides every Saturday. but my original saddle started to cause alot of numbness. So after much research online I decided to get the ISM Road. This seat works... it worked great on my numbness but it also caused pain. The pain is keeping me from riding long.

[Jul 13, 2009]
Matt Sobolewski

Strength:

No post-ride "man" problems

Not for big riders

Great saddle, great design, just not for me. I bought it becasue other saddles casued post-ride issues with my family jewels. This saddle absolutely solves the problems associated with all the sensitive areas, but not a good fit for me. Watched the video, made multiple adjustments, and tried everything to make it work (over 200 miles logged). I wanted this saddle to work because it does solve the manly issues, but after 15 miles I found myself shifting all over the seat trying to find some relief from the pain. I am a big rider (6'6" and 270 lbs) and no matter how I would adjust this saddle it was just too small for me. Just ordered an Selle SMP as the search for a little comfort continues...

[Apr 01, 2009]
pborsh

Strength:

No male problems, Looks great

Takes a alot of trial and error to fit. The nose was a bit too wide but was solved with a ziptie.

This is a great saddle once you go through the painfully long setup. It took me a good 2 months to find the sweet spot. Once fitted it was extremely comfortable and had no numbness or tingling even after long periods in the saddle durring century rides.

too many to list