Koobi AU Chrono Saddles

Koobi AU Chrono Saddles

A sleek, high performance saddle for the serious and competitive rider. Exact same shape and padding as the Xenon. Manganese rails. Just 262 grams. Outstanding Value.

[Jul 01, 2004]
polishbroadcast

Strength:

Good fit, just the right support, light, looks good, very affordable

None so far.

My Terry Men's Liberator Ti was killing me. It got great reviews here, it was recommended at the bike shop and i could not believe how much it hurt to use. I started looking at the top reviewed saddles here and found the Koobi Au Chrono on sale at Nashbar. When it arrived i was a bit skeptical because of how small it seemed, and the padding was minimal compared to the mushy Liberator but i saddled up and WOW. After a few days all of my previous pain from the month with the Terry was gone and since then i don't even think about my saddle. Someone else reviewed the Koobi and said they switched from the Terry Liberator: Thank you! Not only is this saddle a great fit for me, but it cost less than half of what my old saddle was.

Terry Men's Liberator Ti

[Jun 17, 2004]
pooh bear

Strength:

Long-haul comfort - firm padding won't bottom-out on long rides. Overall design puts padding where you need it. Generous pressure relieving groove down the middle of the saddle (it works!).

None yet

My Koobi AU Enduro started to come apart at the seams, so I went looking for a replacement and found the AU Chrono at Nashbar for dirt cheap. Like the Enduro, this is a firm feeling saddle with stout padding in all the right places and a generous groove down the center. So far, it feels a bit firmer than the Enduro, but that may change as the padding and leather break-in. One nice thing about this saddle over the Enduro, is that there are no seams along the sides of the nose (these are the seams that failed on my Enduro). The firm padding takes some getting used to, but won't bottom-out even after a long ride. I know a couple of other riders who use this saddle and their opinions are about the same as mine - these are the most comfortable saddles they've used.

Various Selle Italia and San Marco, Koobi AU Enduro, Specialized Body Geometry.

[May 24, 2004]
Freediver

Strength:

No longer numb and sore. Great prices if you shop around.

Not a featherweight saddle.

No longer numb and sore. Best saddle I've ever ridden on.

Terry Fly, Firefly. Selle Italia, WTB....

[Mar 07, 2003]
Bruce Fritchman

Strength:

Very comfortable, definitely relieves perineal pressure, good looking leather saddle

Fancy embroidered stitching wears out pretty fast If your clothing bleeds dye..the white doesn't stay white

Most comfortable saddle I've been on..could ride it all day without problems in the perineal area..shape and groove really works... The fancy stiched models may not be intended for people who ride as much as I do... 7000 miles per year...the fancy stitching is wearing quickly...I'm hoping the leather is glued so as not to fall apart when the stitching wears out...folk who ride alot should probably buy a "nonstitched" model like the Silver or AuEnduro..but I did not want the extra padding...Koobi should make a nonstitched "Silver" model w/o the extra padding.. But, I'd buy another...I'm using Koobis forever on my roadbik

SanMarco Concor Light TI WTB Laser V Stealth Various Stock Velo saddles

[Apr 27, 2002]
Raven1911

Strength:

Customer support via quick reply to emails full length cut-out Good padding Durable

None that I have seen or felt so far

I have used this saddle for a year now and can''t say enough about it. It is the only saddle I know of that has a full length cut-out. I have about 2000 miles on the saddle as of this writing. I too agree with the above review in saying that a full cut-out in the saddle is far more comfortable and pressure relieving on the perineal area. I have many cyclist friends, including an Olympic Track sprinter, who have ridden on my bike and asked me about the saddle because it was so comfortable. It is very comfortable, even on long rides. I have NEVER had any numbness with this saddle and I too feel like it helps you sit in a proper position (ischial tuberosities). Other saddles I have ridden tend to cut off blood supply. Overall I am very impressed and will continue to use this saddle and purchase others in the future from Koobi.

San Marco, Trek Tri

[Apr 06, 2002]
nigel

Strength:

Forces one to sit on their "sit bones" (ischial tuberosities), NOT on their tender perineal tissue, meaning equal or greater comfort and less if any risk of "plumbing troubles." A great-looking lightweight saddle with firm (but not rock-hard) padding, Koobi offers superior customer service (President Phil Schweizer responded promptly and completely to my emails). Koobi also offers a 30-day, no-questions-asked refund of the saddle''''s price (excluding shipping, which I believe was free for standard shipping--I paid $10 for overnight/2nd day delivery, though, which is a super bargain). How many companies offer this type of confidence/care? Keep up the good work, Phil. My thanks.

None so far. I saw one recently on a local racer''''s bike that looked like it had been there for a good long time, and it was still intact and good looking, so I don''''t imagine that it''''ll fall apart too quickly.

After surgery for a urethral stricture early this year, I (and my urologist) decided that the smart move for me would be to purchase a saddle with a cutout. After extensive research and some shop visits, I heard about the Koobi saddles from someone on the RBR board. The cutout is far longer (at 4 inches with a further recessed area of 2 extra inches) than on most cutout saddles, enabling me to ride with 100% comfort, even when riding in the drops in a racing tuck. The cutout also begins at the very front (nose) of the saddle, unlike the rest of them, which only offer a smaller area in the middle or towards the rear of the saddle. When you''''re in a racing tuck, I can''''t see the other saddles being nearly as effective at perineal relief. Koobi''''s top five saddles (including this one) are actually made by Selle Italia in their Italian factory, and the craftsmanship really shows. Cool looking, and not geeky at all like some cutout saddles; definitely designed with racing in mind, as the name suggests. Reasonably priced, too, for a lightweight racing saddle.

None, but I checked out a few of the Trans Am saddles from Selle Italia (Prolink, Flite, MAX Flite) and a couple from Terry (Dragonfly, Fly). The cutout/recessed area on the Koobi AU Chrono is larger/