Koobi PRS Saddles

Koobi PRS Saddles

Our ultimate saddle features breakthrough "tunable suspension." Below the sleek leather and firm padding is our state of the art "tunable suspension." This simple to tune, light weight suspension uses proven elastomer spring technology, allowing the rider to tune the suspension to his or her own personal ride preference.

• Ti rails
  • 298 grams
  • Width = 146mm
  • Women's specific model available

• USER REVIEWS

[Nov 07, 2016]
    Ken S

Strength:

Quality of materials and comfort this is a premium saddle and customized for your style of riding.

Cost Koobi's are at the high end of what I would pay for a decent saddle

I had just purchased a new bike and wanted a new Koobi for it. So I called Koobi told them that I had a AU Enduro but wanted to upgrade. So they sent me two saddles, only paid for one, a new PRS Enduro and a PRS Century. When I spoke with Phil he said try both and send back the one you don't want. Having already been riding on the Enduro I put the Century on and I took Phil's advice and rode it about 75 miles to break it what a great saddle it is so I sent back the other one without even trying it. You pay a little more for a Koobi but well worth it.

[Jun 22, 2015]
    Peter Ney

Strength:

Good blend between road saddle and a spilt nose TT saddle.

The company does not stand behind product. The uppers peel away from the saddle. Beware of rail failure, mine did and the company did not even return my phone call. A bit behind the times, the reviews on their website are all old and positive. No one is perfect, take evaluations and make cutting edge products.

I rode on a Koobi Tri saddle for one season and loved it. When I bought a new one for the next season it completely failed. The rails on both sides bent and almost had catastrophic failure. Sent pictures in and the company did not even respond. Lately, I've explored some of their newer saddles, but, the company once again won't return an email regarding questions. Rule #1 for me is customer support, Koobi seems to not care. I used to train with a lot of multisport athletes using their saddles, but that seems to be in the past. If you want to roll the dice on a hybrid saddle, go for it, if it brakes, have fun with the road rash and no support. For a local company this bums, excuse the pun, me out! Listen to your customers.

Bontrager RXL, Specialized SL Split, Cobb 55, ISM. They have all stood behind their products.

[Dec 10, 2014]
    Rob

Strength:

Comfort, durability

7 Years ago I purchased a Koobi PRS and have ridden thousands of miles. Recently I was involved in a minor car accident with the bike getting smacked to the ground. The seat took the brunt of the hit, bending the rail. Koobi had a replacement rail for $29.95 total and I was able to install it myself. What a value. Should get a few more years out if this trusty steed.

[Aug 18, 2014]
    P Friedrich

Strength:

Very comfortable

Rails break after a few years of use

I have been a loyal Koobi customer for some years now, but sadly will have to find another saddle vendor. I have 3 of these saddles purchased over the last 7 years on my 3 road bikes. I had a left rail failure 2 years ago on my #1 bike. Then 3 weeks ago, I had another rail failure, this time on the right side on my #2 bike. Luckily both times were close to home. I have NEVER had a saddle break in any manner prior to using the Koobis. In fact, I have never heard this ever happening in the circle I ride with.

So, there appears to be a high probability of a long term fatigue failure issue which is/has not addressed by the Koobi folks, nor were they receptive of these facts when I called them.

Find another saddle if you want to rest easy, knowing you and your bike won't be crippled in the middle of a major effort or neighborhood ride.

fizik

[Jul 12, 2014]
    g-dawg

Strength:

Firm padding, leather cover,comfy

costly

This review is for the koobi xenon. I got this saddle on a special deal, or I wouldn't have paid for it. It takes a little time to break in, but once the break in period is over this thing is amazing. Over the past several weeks I totally forget about my saddle. I ride up to 100 miles per ride, with no discomfort in my butt! Customer service has also been 1st class.

[Jun 17, 2014]
    Dale B

Strength:

Comfortable, tunable saddle. As an older rider I have found most modern bike saddles pretty hard on my skinny backside. The "15%" softer option for this saddle, along with the absorbers has been a good value for me, and increased my comfort and ability to handle longer rides.

Had a problem with getting it to quiet down at first. Koobi gave me some suggestions and extended the return window. It worked and I have had no problems for several hundred miles now.

Excellent option for riders having problems with excessively hard bike saddles, or those who ride on rough roads.

[Feb 24, 2014]
    Ed Rosa

Strength:

Real leather and good looking.

Not as comfortable as expected. Actually kind of hard.

First, received saddle in a ziplock bag inside another USPS envelope! Company claims they were trying to save me $5 on shipping and handling. Like I care when buying a $200 saddle. No instructions on how to replace or adjust the rubber cushions. Had to get those emailed separately. Still not sure if the saddle feels hard because instructions are not clear to me as to how to adjust saddle. Overall, I don't recommend spending $200 for this saddle.

[Jun 12, 2013]
    Paul S

Strength:

Elastomer shock absorbers work a treat and DON'T pop out. LEATHER cover NOT plastic. Comfortable and durable.

The leather cover can stain.

Saw it reviewed on here and thought I'd give it a try. I've had my PRS for over a year now and it's performed faultlessly. The cover is leather, not plastic (as a previous uninformed reviewer said), and the elastomer shock absorbers don't pop out unless you install them incorrectly.

I would rate this saddle a little higher in the comfort stakes than the fizik Arione it replaced, and the Selle saddle before that. It allows me to slide onto it without catching on the nik's material.

Overall - a great saddle that I will be keeping a looooong time.

[Dec 23, 2011]
    Robert H

Strength:

A quality product & great customer service

I originally heard about Koobi saddles at MTBR.com . I tried the AU Enduro 8 years ago & what a relief : Comfort , durablilty,good looks,bust most of al comfort on long rides . Then purchased the PRS Alpha . It has exceded my expectations

Au Enduro
    Adamo

[Jul 15, 2011]
    JohnReviewer

Strength:

Comfortable
    Not hard to adjust to.
    Can comfortable sit in different positions for different terrain and climbing.

Cost. I spent $150 for a 2nd.

After beginning another season with pain in the behind, I decided to try a Koobi saddle, especially because I am building up to a century this year. The saddle is very comfortable, and even when it hurts (which is rare) it hurt only on the sides of your backside, and does not affect you off the bike. A great improvement over all the other saddles I have tried, which are many. I am about to bite the bullet to put another one of these on another bike.

Terry Fly