Selle Italia SLR Fibra Saddles

SLR Fibra

Selle Italia SLR Fibra Carbon Rails: Featuring refined style and advanced technologies. Leather top, carbon shell. The Sella Italia SLR Fibra saddle is a perfect choice for the rider seeking a lightweight and high-performance saddle.

kristian   Road Racer [Aug 18, 2009]
Strength:

Comfort (if it fits you)
Vibration Absorption
Aerodynamics
Looks
Weight

Price (but it's worth it)
Fore-aft adjustment is minimal

I decided to buy a much more decent saddle after my previous one snapped in half. I tested several saddles, such as Fizik's Arione, Aliante and Antares, and Selle Italia's Flite, SLK, and SLC. But the saddle I found most compatible to my rear is this SLR. I was supposed to buy the one with Titanium rails, since I find it more reassuring than carbon, but what the heck, the shop owner offered me the Fibra at the same price. All said and done, this saddle has proven its bang for the buck. Although very slim and hard, this saddle will feel quite comfy, absorbing much road vibrations, and its pretty darn aero, although it's not exactly for everyone. It's very light at 135 grams, and it makes your bike look fast. You MUST try it before you buy it. If it doesn't fit you, it hurts. Period.