Selle Italia Sphere Saddles

• Available In Vanadium Tube And Manganese Tube

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 05, 2004]
    kcda28

Strength:

looks.......and looks

weight,comfort,geometry,

oh dear!!!what the hell is this. i think i will be impotent soon from this junk. the saddle nose has too much gel and i feel like being rogered whenever there is a bump on the road. also it is heavy.only saving grace is that it looks cool in my red and yellow stiching version

selle italia prolink genuine gel(this is a far superior piece of work)

[Feb 14, 2002]
    downunderracer

Strength:

Light?

Uncomfortable Not enough compliance

I have to agree with Duncan, this saddle is the pits. Just when I thought my bum was getting used to it, I get saddle sores for the first time ever. I don''''''''t think it will ever be comfortable. And it''''''''s started to squeek - so loud it even drowns out the squeeking of my knees! What sort of maintenance fixes that?

Old Selle Italia

[Aug 11, 2001]
    Duncan

Strength:

NONE

Lack of durability.

This seat is a piece of garbage. It came as part of the factory setup on my 2300. It squeaks and creaks continuously when riding. Even the seat on my JC Penny bike from when I was 12 was not this loud. It is almost embarrassing! After only 500 miles the rails separated completely from the seat. The rails were attached through a rubber gasket in what I assume was some supposed fancy shock absorber. In fact all they did was design in a stupidly weak point in the saddle that dose not stand the strain of a normal ride. What a relief...now I have a genuine excuse to get something better. Selle is a reputable company and should be ashamed of themselves for even making such a piece of %^*&#. If you read the reviews on Trek bikes, many have the advice of "lose the seat"...now I know why. It gets only 1 star because there is no 0 star rating.

Selle XO

[Aug 15, 2001]
    BSn

Strength:

Fairly good seat

skweaks if not maintained !!

Not to expansive, fairly good seat.
    If maintained its an ok saddle