Selle Italia Storika Saddles

Selle Italia Storika Saddles

Suspended leather pads on a "skeleton" frame flex in the soft tissue seating areas providing comfort never experienced on the "retro" saddles.

[Aug 08, 2008]
bianchipista

Strength:

Stiff! There will be absolutely no variation in your saddle height with this saddle.
Appearance! Other cyclists will envy how you can endure something that looks like a torture device.

The copper coating on the saddlerails likes to flake off.

I got this saddle mainly because of its looks (tan leather with the flat rivets, not the stitched version). Comfort at the time didn't matter to me because it was going on my track bike where races are measured in meters, not miles. But, it has turned out to be one of my most comfortable saddles!

SLR (cut into my thighs, got ride of it)
other Selle San Marcos saddles

[Apr 13, 2008]
dbo

Strength:

Long Ride Comfort
Flex
Looks
Shape

Stiff until it breaks in

This is a great, durable, comfortable seat. Give it a few rides to break in before you pass judgement.

Devo Carbon
Bontrager Race X Lite
Specialized Rival

[May 16, 2007]
Shaun

Strength:

ergonomic comfort, sleekness, lightness, style, leather, titanium rails

This seems to be a saddle reviewed little. I was however seduced by its style and took a risk. Wary of comfort issues I knew race saddles were not known for there softness. This saddle is no exception and is hard. That said, after a few days of very short distance trips i took it for a 30 mile spin. What can I say, however firm the seat, it has, for me, excellent ergonomics and the ride seemed no less than PERFECT. I would never go back to a softer saddle! My previous was a leather covered San Marco, this chaffed quite a bit after a reasonable journey (15-20 mile). The Storika is by my reckoning a remarkable saddle and appeals to good taste also. I ride a race bike and really rate its latest addition +++++ I got this on an evay buy it now at £50 but it was on aution at 40, just needed fast

[May 12, 2006]
Basjan

Strength:

Looks, looks, and looks
Comfort
Ergonomics

Expensive

Simply a beauty! This saddle has full-round leather and copper studs, and is surprisingly comfortable for a non-padded saddle. It still holds true that less padding often results in greater comfort. It is very light and what can I say, beautiful! Ideal for a classic bike or singlespeed, but equally at home on a racer.

Selle Italia Max Flite Transam