Selle Italia Womens TransAm Saddles

Womens TransAm

christichka   Recreational Rider [Dec 22, 2004]
Strength:

Good for distance riding

Lasting several years, it's hardly a weakness...but, this saddle has "hardened" after a couple years of sometimes really wet rides.

This was the best saddle I could find three years ago. I tried the terrys and the specialized (aweful), etc that were available for women. I finally got this one cause an acquaintance used it for her ironmen rides...I figured it was good for distances. This saddle was much better for distance riding than any of the others I found. However, after three years and over 6K miles, it has worn out...unfortunately now all I can find are the "Gel" versions and I never liked the Gels. If anyone has other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I've loved this saddle but if I can't find another just like it...

Similar Products Used: Terrys (several), Specialized Body Geometry, whatever came on the bike (Raliegh R700), and a "good" racing saddle...this beat them all
BeckyStnly   Road Racer [Aug 23, 2003]
Strength:

Comfort, relatively light, reasonable price, looks, and comfort comfort comfort!

Leather finish is wearing a bit, but not a big deal to me.

I've been around the block when it comes to saddles (including the Terry Liberator and Sport models), and I have to say that this saddle is the best. I have been greatly impressed with the comfort, even on long rides (100+ miles). I like it so much that I have ordered another one to go on my mountain bike.

Similar Products Used: Terry Sport, Terry Liberator, and others whose names weren't important enough to remember since I had NO intention of buying another one...
La Bolduc   Recreational Rider [Jun 14, 2003]
Strength:

Looks pretty nice...

Dangerous if used for long rides

I have used this saddle for a month now, thinking that I would get used to it. But I can't ride more than 50 km with this saddle without regretting it for a few days. My boyfriend forbid me to EVER ride on this saddle again...It seems to stop blood circulation completely. I would like to know if other women experienced the same problem. I've had many bikes with many saddles in the past, but I never experienced that problem, even on long distances trips.