Selle Royal Dardo Saddles

Selle Royal Dardo Saddles

The Selle Royal Dardo saddle features Royal gel for comfort and is ICS compatible. Rail: Manganese Clamp Style: Std Rails Length: 297mm Width: 138mm Weight: 335 grams Gender: Men/ Women...

[Apr 20, 2016]
LuvMyBike

Strength:

Plastic guards on the sides are a huge plus, butt-friendly, plain black without any branding, dynamic look, lasted 10 y.

can't tell one

good value

OVERALL
[Mar 08, 2013]
Gilbert Serrano

Strength:

Butt-Friendly, Cushy, Conforms to whoever uses it

Kinda Pricey, too flexy, heavy

I was shopping around for a new saddle to replace my worn out Avocet on my '89 Miyata 1400A and came across the Selle Royal Dardo for 1,600 Philippine Pesos (about $39). First thing I noticed was it was a bit heavy for a road saddle but the gel definitely got me. I ride about (a really short) 22km to my workplace and about 40-60km on weekends, I have been using it for about a month, the first week was surprisingly great. It was very comfortable and nothing ached after the ride.

After a few more weeks, i noticed that the underside of the saddle actually hit the protruded bolt from my seatpost which (at rest) was about 1 1/2 inches away, that meant that the saddle actually flexed all the way to hit the bolt. I've cut the bolt to be flush with the lock do no more scarring. The plastic guards on the side are great when you park and lean the bike on a wall or something, acts as protection for the saddle. Don't really know what will happen if the saddle tears though, will the gel ooze out?

So far that's the only thing I've seen wrong with it, riding on it is pure pleasure, really, easily absorbs small bumps on the road.

Though it is a bit too pricey (for me, at least) i believe its well worth every peso, and I would highly recommend this for me. Weight-weenies wouldn't really like this as it comes in at about 330 grams, but daily commuters like me would really love the comfort.

Personally, I'd sacrifice a few grams for comfort anytime.

Go out and buy this product!

OVERALL