Selle San Marco Arami Saddles

Arami

Trek 5900   Recreational Rider [Mar 18, 2005]
Strength:

Price, multiple riding applications

None noted

This is a good intermediate saddle that would work well for road racing, group rides or centuries. I logged about 1,000 miles on it before I switched to a San Marco ASPide composite saddle, but I'm keeping the Arami for long distance rides. The Arami doesn't flex much, and there's enough padding to cushion the ride and you don't feel you're losing energy by bouncing with each pedal stroke. The cutout really didn't make much difference for me.

Similar Products Used: San Marco ASPide San Marco ASPide Composite
OVERALL
Cincy2   Recreational Rider [Mar 10, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable design

Don't know how long the foam will hold up. Seems like it's compressing some. Gave it a 4 for this reason only.

I've been riding this saddle 100+ miles per week for a year. So far, it's the most comfortable seat I've had (although I can't stop myself from looking for better). I'm using the Gel Around version which has good padding but doesn't have a bulky profile or unreasonable weight. The craftsmanship is good and the aesthetics don't detract from my trusty Serotta's good looks.