Selle San Marco Atola Saddles

Atola

kbpixie   Road Racer [Sep 10, 2006]
Strength:

Fores you to sit on your sit bones, gel on top keeps the black from the dye in the leather from comming off on to your colored shorts. Looks way cooler than most women's saddles

Wasn't easy to tell when it was worn out.

I tried this saddle last year, and hated it. Gave it another try over the winter and ended up loving it. Recently they have made some improvements that makes this saddle even better. At first it seemed hard and uncomfortble, but after 4 hrs it felt like I had only been on the bike for 2hrs.

Similar Products Used: Serfas terazzo
OVERALL
SnowyL   Triathlete [Jul 07, 2005]
Strength:

Descent "starter" seat

Not for aero-riders or long rides. I wish there was a 2 1/2 star rating. It wasn't as bad as the stock CODA seat or Serfas Tri-W, but HOPEFULLY not as good as the Terry Butterfly.

I bought this saddle b/c it was marketed as "women's specific." It's been a decent saddle, but nothing spectacular. I would not reccommend it to triathletes. The nose has little to no padding & makes aero position difficult to bear at times. Saddle soreness continues for a couple of days to follow. There seems to be no build up for tolerance over time & miles- for me anyway. Somehow I've gutted it out thus far. My bike is house-kept & meticulously maintained, but somehow, the bolts & upholstery staples have completely rusted after just under 2 years of use. I've decided to switch to the Terry Tri Butterfly, now that my tolerance for tri distance is lengthening.