Selle San Marco Azoto Triathlon Gel Saddles

Azoto Triathlon Gel

booboo   Triathlete [Aug 10, 2005]
Strength:

Good for short rides (less than 2 hours for me), supportive, gel in the nose of the saddle is comfortable in the aero position

thigh chafing caused by the wide nose tenderness in sit bone area caused by all the stitching

I'm a scrawny runner (5'9", 140 lbs) that bought this saddle when I first started getting into triathlons. I did some searching on the internet and this saddle was supposed to be the bomb so i bought one, put it on my Cannondale CAAD5 roadbike along with some aerobars and thought I had a tri-bike. This saddle worked well for me when I was doing Olympic distance races and my longest rides were around 2 hours. Once I moved up to riding over 2 hours I started having problems with the saddle. First, the nose is extremely wide and caused chafing on the insides of my thighs on longer rides. Second, there's a lot of stitching going on in the sit bones area that ground away at my arse and shorts on longer rides. I've since gotten rid of the saddle and gone back to my Selle Italia Flite saddle.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia Flite
runswim01   Triathlete [Feb 16, 2004]
Strength:

COMFORTABLE, gel dampens vibration and relieves all pressure, perfect for going aero, Titanium rails (niiiice), lightweightweight even for the amount of gel in there

a bit wide of a nose, but one can always get the aspide triathlgel if they don't like this. Only causes minor chafing, no big deal, this happens with all saddles anyway. Benefits outweigh this greatly.

This is a great saddle. The gel nose is perfect for sitting on the nose on the aerobars, and there is no pain or discomfort from pressure. The nose is a bit wide which can chafe, but this is way better than pressure soreness. A very well designed saddle, well worth the price.

Similar Products Used: Trek saddles, generic ones
trashbox   Triathlete [Nov 10, 2003]
Strength:

Gel padding throughout the saddle. It has a wide nose and extra padding in the nose to support the aero positioned rider.

More expensive than other saddles out there, but worth the extra money for a triathlete.

The saddle is incredible comfortable. It is hard to find a saddle that works well in the aero position, but this was made just for it.

Similar Products Used: Quintana Roo saddle, and Selle Italia saddle.