Selle San Marco Era K Saddles

Selle San Marco Era K Saddles

[May 05, 2005]
yesroh

Strength:

- Beautiful - Pretty light - Very comfy...disappears under you - Shock absorbtion can be felt - Relatively cheap (you can buy them for $80 or less...who wants to spend $200 on a seat that will torture them?)

Could be lighter possibly with hollow titanium rails. I love this saddle...I think San Marco should go more in this direction...I love this saddle. Stitching is unnecessary.

I needed a new saddle back in July 2001 and being a nerd, I looked at all the reviews and bought a Selle Italia Octavia. It had the highest rating of any saddle. I put it on the bike and OUCH! Well, it could have been a lot worse but what was this sticking me in the crotch? I guess I'm not built like other riders. I kept seeing the ERA K in the stores and it looked beautiful and when I held it and touched it I thought,"Boy this is beautiful and it looks so comfortable". Finally I decided to buy one, against the reviews I'd seen saying it wasn't good. It disappeared under me. I immediately felt comfortable on my bike and really loved the shock absorbtion. I still don't understand why this saddle hasn't received more positive reviews! It looks great, feels great, and it still relatively light (235 grams) and comes in all those pretty colors. Still...it could be lighter only if it didn't take away from its strengths. It was torturous in a time trial, sitting on the front, but not any more than any other saddle I've used so I can't fault it for that. A few years ago I raised my bar quite a bit and sat further back on the saddle and it didn't hurt much. I loved it so much I bought a second one in 2002 when my bicycle was temporarily lost by the U.S. Postal Service (not the bicycle team).

Specialized Ergo saddle (that split one). Loved it but it just looks ugly and is a little heavy. - Selle Italia Octavia...didn't fit me at all. The gell insert stuck in my crotch

OVERALL
[Jan 12, 2004]
campy10

Strength:

Sleek cool shape, lightweight, quality craftmanship.

A bit pricey.

Because of the Era K's narrow shape you may or may not find it to be a comfortable saddle. But after 6 months of use I have found it to be quite adequate with no discomfort on the longer rides. The titanium rails and elastomer underneath probably make a difference in soaking up road vibrations.

Selle Italia turbomatic 3, Selle Italia XO