Selle San Marco Era Team Postal Saddle Saddles

Era Team Postal Saddle

Oxygen779   Road Racer [Mar 12, 2004]
Strength:

Light, very Comfortable Durable leather weather proof cover,tirails "elastomers" and "flexible feathered tongue" really work.

Grat seat never tryed a better one!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: selle gel ti, san marco aspid.
OVERALL
Dinosaur   Recreational Rider [Dec 05, 2002]
Strength:

Durable leather weather proof cover, smooth flat surface (if you need a flat saddle) ti rails, "elastomers" and "flexible feathered tongue" really work. Comfortable for me, but saddles are a very personal thing.

Now the bad side. I was very happy with this saddle and it would still be on my bike but I was cleaning up after a ride recently and noticed that one of the elastomers (a plastic tube that fits into the rails at the back of the saddle)had worked it's way out. I hammered it back in using a hammer and screwdriver and topped off with super glue. Then after a ride the same the elastomer started to work itself out again. I could see myself on a ride with a rail coming out of my saddle, so I pulled it off my bike. I do not have my receipt as it's been about a year and a half, otherwise I would contact Performance and they would probably replace it (save your receipts).I marked this saddle down for overall rating due to the rail coming out, otherwise it's a good saddle. I don't know if this was a fluke or a problem with the elastomer rails.

This is the same exact saddle as the Era Pro, but with the Postal Team colors. The cover is blue. I purchased this saddle through Performance using my team points got it for $55.00. I was very happy with this saddle, even though it did not match the paint scheme of my bike. It's well made, smooth leather surface with embroidery on the rear of the saddle that might bother some people (not me). It's flat and I can slide back and forth changing position depending on what I am doing. It is light (230g) and has ti rails with rail indicators that tend to wear off with age. The "elastomer" with "flexible feathered tongue" do a good job of dampening the ride of my aluminum Klein.

Similar Products Used: Fizik Pave, Books Team Pro, Selle Italia Flite Gel, Selle Italia Max Flite (all these saddles worked, I just like buying stuff and experimenting). I'm going back to old school and just purchased a San
OVERALL