Selle San Marco Magma Mg Ti Saddles

Magma Mg Ti

• Lorica covered magnesium shell with composite rail support system
  • Magma design relief zones with EVA padding under center-perforated Lorica cover
  • Hollow Titanox rails with measurement markings
  • rails: Titanox
  • weight: 195g
  • S.I.Z.E.: 245
  • color: black

• User Reviews (1)

tlynn   Road Racer [Jan 28, 2008]

Weight (195gm)
    Looks - coolest looking saddle on the market but I might be biased.
    Price - as long as you don't pay full price
    Workmanship - second to none

May be too firm for some
    No skid guards on the edges means I need to watch where I lean my bike

Love it.

After making do with a Fizik Pave for almost 3 years I decided I needed something a little wider with a flat profile and a little less padding. Could not find a review on this saddle but after viewing Selle San Marco's SIZE literature decided to take a punt on this one.

If I had to describe it in one word it would be "firm". At 6'3" and 87kg, this suits me down to the ground and after initial concern am pleased to report that my butt loves it. The extra padding down the centre of the saddle also works very effectively for me. Unlike some of the other saddles I've tried, there is not much give in the shell due to its magnesium contruction and I'm not sure that I fully appreciate the superior damping qualities of the Mg shell that is part of the sales pitch. Having said that, it works for me.

Also I must admit I'm still struggling with why there is a small mesh section in the nose of the saddle. Call me vain but it kinda looks cool. Apart from asthetics, I'm not sure on its usefulness though.

I'm not totally convinced its my perfect saddle yet - it's early days - but I can see me riding this model for a few years assuming it lasts. But then its a San Marco so longevity should not be an issue.

If you want something plush then look elsewhere but if you like a firm flat saddle which is not too wide and not too narrow, then this one might be just right.....