Selle San Marco SKN Pro Saddles

• Durable, Lorica cover
  • Titanox rails
  • 184g weight

Kuma601   Recreational Rider [Jan 30, 2011]
Strength:

Comfort, pretty light and smooth cover

I like old school leather but that is my only comment there.

Saddles like shoes and other clothes are personal and individual preferences. If you need a bit more width than the Apside has, this is the next one up. For me, I'd ridden the Apsides and at the end of a ride, I always felt a bit sore regardless how much saddle time I had in the season. The commuter had an older SKN and since that bike was ridden less than 10 miles, I didn't make a connection until one day I took it for a 30 mile loop. Afterwards, no soreness.

It wasn't the padding in the shorts, the position of the saddle, the Apsides were simply to narrow for my backside. Put an order in with PBK for two. Since then, no matter the padding in the shorts, the ride is finished without the sitbone soreness. Such a relief.

This saddle is a bit "flatter" across the top and the added 20mm width from the 130mm Apside can make a big difference in your sitbone placement. Works for me and the price isn't mega $$. Not so much concerned about weight because comfort is key, I'd buy this even if it had steel rails. :) Thankfully it is light so I don't have a boat anchor saddle anyway.

Similar Products Used: San Marco Apside, Selle Turbo and others that are lost from my memory cells recollection.
JerHar0243   Recreational Rider [May 22, 2009]
Strength:

Light, reasonably priced, wider than some others, just enough padding and flex.

I have been using the 2009 Selle San Marco SKN for about 3 weeks on rides of 1-4 hours. Compared to a SSM Aspide (2008 racing replica size 235) this saddle is an inch wider and 1/2 ounce heavier. It also has slightly softer padding than the Aspide and some flex at the back of the saddle. It seems firmer than the Selle Italia SLK that I have. I weigh 140 and am 5'9" and it is the most comfortable saddle I have used so far.

Similar Products Used: SSM Aspide, Selle Italia SLK, SMP Composit and SMP Evolution.
Dave M   Commuter [Mar 23, 2009]
Strength:

Comfortable, light - even looks great

None really - you cannot cycle in an easy chair and the seats that do their best to look like one are clumsy, heavy and doofy-looking. (not this one!)

Great seat, bought for commuting. Better than any stock seat. Quite comfortable, soaks up bigger bumps, good deal for the money.

slitespd   Recreational Rider [Aug 05, 2008]
Strength:

Very light-weight and comfortable. No noticeable flex as I had expected with the independent sides.

Nice looking saddle

Slight creak at times that I have not been able to pinpoint

This saddle has been extremely comfortable on every ride and was a huge improvement over what came stock on the Felt.

mattrider   Road Racer [Feb 09, 2008]
Strength:

weight, comfort, looks

none so far.

Light, comfortable, and looks fast! This saddle really took the pressure off and allowed me to enjoy the ride more, and of course at 185g it reduced my bike weight.

Similar Products Used: sella italia flite
jebber   Recreational Rider [Oct 19, 2007]
Strength:

nice and light. absorbs vibration and bumps nicely due to Ti rails and flexy wings. Groove is a good size and placed well... no pressure on the perenium.
Good, quality stuff.

I like this seat. If I had to say anything critical about it it, I'd say that the skin could be a bit more durable. I've had mine for a while though and it's got no tears as of yet, just a couple scuffs from flipping my bike over on pavement to take the wheels off, and some minor wear from friction.

have been on it for 3 or 4k. mi., and it has treated me well so far. I bought it to replace the fizik pave that came stock on my bike. It's alot more comfortable that the pave and it's got way less padding. It's nice and flexy and it soaks up bumps well. It's a large'ish seat and I'm a medium-small person, but it's still comfortable.

Similar Products Used: all kindsa stuff.