Selle SMP Plus Saddles

Selle SMP Plus Saddles

The Selle SMP Strike Plus saddle is designed from extensive studies conducted which analyzed the different positions assumed by a cyclist in the various phases of a ride and the constant interaction between the body and the saddle. Based on these findings, Selle SMP designed the STRIKE saddle which prevents the cyclist’s sensitive areas from getting squashed and increases the blood flow to the leg muscles.

[Aug 30, 2011]
Rick

Strength:

Comfort, no break in.

Price

This saddle ruined my B-17 love affair. There is just no discomfort, none, from this saddle. I'm a big guy - 6'1" 240 and this saddle just works better than anything else.

B-17

[Apr 25, 2011]
Courageous Lion

Strength:

Keeps me able to perform off my bike.

I don't see any as of yet.

I started back into cycling a bit over 2 years ago after a long time off. I dreaded the feeling I was going to have on long rides where my perineum would become numb. But, hey, Lance said "its part of the sport", so what the heck! Right? WRONG! I started looking and testing and found the SELLE SMP products with the rather unusual look and feel. Even got a few smart remarks made to me from those 150 pound stick guys. I'm a good 6'4" 265 pound Clydesdale. What I ended up with was a number, that's right a number of Selle SMP Avant and Strike saddles. WHY? Because I wouldn't get numb in the groin even after a 100 mile ride! It was great! So here I am letting you know. Forget the snide remarks, go with what feels right and heck, they are becoming popular among those cyclists that want to have a sex life after 25!

Selle SMP Strike Pro
Selle SMP Avant

[Aug 09, 2010]
Phil C

Strength:

comfortable

Price

Wow - when I first got on I could'nt even tell I had a saddle under me. After a while though my sit bone could feel it. I imagine it will take a little getting use to but no pain whatsoever in the prostate area

[Feb 28, 2010]

Strength:

Comfort

Funny looking to some
A little expensive, but well worth it.

Well what can I say? It's expensive, funny looking and the best damn seat I've ever had. I could only last 1.5 hours on my old saddle (Fizik Arione)before experiencing numbness and pain. Not a good thing while trying to build miles for a century ride coming up. The first day on this saddle, I went 3 hours without ANY of the previous problems. I'm up to 5 hours and 80 mile rides with a smile on my face! This saddle is go good, I'm buying another one for my mountain bike. FYI- I'm 5'10 & 215lbs.

Fizik Arione
Multiple WTB saddles

[Jan 05, 2010]
fullwedge

Strength:

comfort, does what it says it does

weight, price

Fabulous saddle for big riders like me. I've had numbness/soreness issues for 30 years, having ridden Brooks Team Pros, Concors, Max Flites, etc., etc. Nothing seemed to make the matter any better until the SMP Plus. Incredibly comfortable right from the start, all of the soreness and numbness issues disappeared. Took the plunge and put them on on all 7 of my bikes (yikes!!!) Have never regretted it. One of the great things about this brand is that they make saddles for just about any sized rider. Just measure your sit bones and you know which one is right for you. I'm a track sprinter, 6-2 and 200. A big guy who needs a big saddle. All I can say is that it works and is worth the very hefty price tag.

Selle Italia Max Flite

[Jun 05, 2009]
buccwwylld

Strength:

design,wide channel,bent nose

pricey $$$

so far the most comfortable seat i have ever ridden,tired the pro,prefer the plus no numdness issues at all,great on the drops,it makes u feel like u can ride farther and farther,great once u get dialed in

koobi and everything else known to man

[Jun 02, 2009]
Ace

Strength:

comfort... quality, high resale

300g bout nothing lighter is more comfortable, looks, $

Tried the pro and prefered this one. TRried dozens of other brands models too, this one takes the cake.

[Apr 06, 2009]
GLBorchert

Strength:

Comfort without numbness and pain.

I purchased a Selle SMP Plus after attending a crit racing clinic, and after noticing how many crit racers used this style of saddle. It's the best saddle I've ever used. I had switched to a noseless saddle, a Bi-Saddle, because of serious numbness issues related to traditional saddles. I had tried several. I think the Bi-Saddle is very good. I think the Selle SMP is better. It's almost a no compromise kind of saddle. It gives you the full control of a traditional saddle without all of those numbness and - dare I say it - potential sexual issues. I went the Plus route because I weigh 90 kilos. Find one that fits you and give it a try. I don't think you'll ever look back.

Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Gel, Bi-Saddle, Specialized Body Geometry Sonoma, Selle Italia Flite