Selle SMP Pro Saddles

Selle SMP Pro Saddles

Selle SMP's saddle range is scientifically designed with two things in mind...

[Jul 15, 2018]
Handy

Strength:

A very strange shape, the bouts roll out and down, like some vintage saddles. You either love it or hate it. Sorta the black sheep in the SMP line.

The size is misleading because the top side to side is so curved it hardly provides the support the width measurement would indicate. Also, far too expensive for what you get.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2015
[Jul 01, 2018]
Jruerph

Strength:

Personally I'm very pleased with the saddle. Wide cut-out and unique design minimizes perineum pressure and saddle discomfort. Just completed a 4 hour ride today with minimal irritation and no saddle sore discomfort. I have a Specialized Power Saddle on my other bike and it has been the source of saddle sores. I currently buying another Selle SMP Pro for this bike.

Could be cheaper

Model Year:
2018
[May 10, 2015]
Vinnie

Strength:

Would be loved by Marquis de Sade.

The most uncomfortable saddle I've ever sat on.

I do big randonneur miles. Trying to wean myself from heavy leather saddles. I have already ridden a 600 kilometer ride this Spring. Put this saddle on our tandem for a short 65 mile today. Could barely stand the pain by the end of the ride. Bottom line: everyone's anatomy is different. Don't buy a saddle based on reviews. You need to try it out first. I'd happily sell it for half price.

[Jan 11, 2013]
CW

Strength:

Great anatomical design. Cut out and tapered 'nose' relieves pressure. Cushioning is good for long rides

Price is reasonable for what you are getting. Spend a lot of time in that saddle and its a relatively small cost in the overall scheme of a high performance bike.

A great saddle. Would recommend over a Specialized which I have used in the past and no comparison with a Fizik Arione which is not in either saddle's league.

[Jul 10, 2012]
Alan Barge

Strength:

Comfort, design with deep insight into (male) anatomy

Price

This is a superb saddle. I am a physician, and all too aware of the anatomical consequences of cycling. This saddle is brilliantly designed to completely avoid any pressure on the perineal nerves or blood vessels, and is superbly comfortable in long (100 mile+) rides. It is firm but incredibly well suited. There are several sizes, and I would strongly recommend trying a few to get exactly the right one. Expensive....but then the best usually is.

[May 03, 2011]
Randy

Strength:

Super high-quality design and construction and the best seat I have ever ridden in 30 years of riding road bikes

NONE

I have been experimenting with seats for nearly two years. I tried many seats designed to relieve pressure in the sensitive areas of my crotch. The Specialized Body Geometry saddles were the best I had found, but weren't totally working for me. Finally, I looked up the Selle SMP Pro saddle on Performancebike.com and read a number of raving reviews. I decided to order it and although no saddle sits like a LA-Z-Boy recliner, this is the best saddle I have ever had. I have ridden it at least 300 miles already and now that I am getting really used to it, it is great and will allow me to keep cycling comfortably. It takes some time to adjust and get used to it, but once I got it right, I am very happy with it. I am 6'2" and 195 lbs and 37" waist so the "Pro" model had the right width for me. Other widths are available in the Selle SMP line though. I set it up about 3mm nose high using a level across the highest part of the nose and back of the saddle. I ride fairly aggressively for a recreational rider and feel very confident with this saddle. It was expensive, but it is REALLY WELL MADE and the design is great. It is the first saddle that really feels like it was made for my anatomical structure. Thank you Selle SMP for a superbly designed saddle that will allow me to keep riding for a long time! The Performancebike.com purchase guarantee was important as I felt I could really ride the saddle and still send it back if it didn't work too.

Specialized BG, Adamo Podium & Breakaway, Cobb Cycling SHC and V-Flow Plus, San Marco Regal Racing Team

[Jan 01, 2010]
Cirocco

Strength:

Comfort, no numbness, bike control, and unique design.

None. Yes it costs a lot, but it protects the family jewels.

After my Prostate removal surgery this saddle was recommended by a racer who had same surgery. I did not know that a saddle could be so comfortable and yet efficient. Well worth the high price.

Specialized body geometry. Very good for short rides.

[Sep 27, 2009]
mangotreat0808

Strength:

Sitting on it, and have that feeling of being gently but firmly cradled, and not squished. It's makes you wanna keep riding.

Price, but this may be due to the design.

This is how saddles should be designed and built after the anatomical knowledge we now have on the perennial nerve, the family jewels, etc. It did take a while to get used to it, and took longer to get the right adjustment made. The saddle has a curved countour, where it crests at the back, dips, then crests again toward the nose area. Make sure that these crest points are leveled such that their heights are about the same. You can use a leveler for this.

Koobi - also comfortable, but the cutout wasn't wide enough.

[Sep 05, 2009]
bikeosprey

Strength:

cut out

Too hard.

Wanted it to work, because I have tried almost all the top models. Way to hard, love the cut out and the nose down, got the correct width but too hard.

Everything, like the Selle Italia Max Gel best.

[Apr 19, 2009]
beatnik

Strength:

Comfort, lack of numbness

Price

This is the saddle, just keep in mind you must choose the best width for you when you buy it. As a rule
XXL: Plus