Serfas Stinger Race Comp Saddles

Stinger Race Comp

• Tubular Titanium rails • Road specific shape • Sleek minimalist design • 195 gr

patrick clifford   Road Racer [Jan 09, 2008]
Strength:

It is pretty light-190g, looks Flashy, smooth-so it's easy to move about on.

Not Uber light-190g

I got the saddle to replace a heavier one that came stock with my Kestrel Talon, It took a few weeks to become accustomed to it, like any new saddle. I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to Selle Italia SLR.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia SLR, Fizik Aliente, Pave.
BillC   Recreational Rider [Oct 31, 2006]
Strength:

Inexpensive for a Ti Tubing railed saddle (light!).
Cover is waterproof.
SLR Shape.
Very well made for the price.

SLR Firmness.
You gotta get over that this (like many other brands) is made by Velo, but that's your problem and not the saddle's.

I found this saddle very comfortable after a short break-in period. It is very firm, but my sit-bones were perched over the less firm foam padding. The shape is flat so I was able to move around well and there is a small shallow channel to keep pressure off your nether region. Its shape is stolen from the Selle Italia SLR, which is a good thing if you fit that saddle.

I rode a flat century on this saddle after a two week lay-off from riding. I was surprisingly comfortable for most of those miles.

jeffh   Road Racer [Feb 20, 2005]
Strength:

Good price-value ratio Light weight and a decent amount of compliance Looks quite good

Seems to have worn relatively a lot (2000 km at time of writing)

Brought this a few months ago as I wanted a better saddle to replace the Selle Italia (?no idea what model - but heavy, with gel provided on my bike for racing. I was considering a Selle Italia SLR, but didn't want to go at the price required - this Serfas saddle seems virtually identical in shape design but was less than half the price (presumably does use cheaper materials as it is a bit heavier). I find it good on my typical sub-100 km rides, and criterium racing, but on longer and/or hilly rides I got pretty sore! Probably would say based on this that it works fine as a saddle, but definitely not as a seat... Not perfect, but I think it a pretty decent saddle. At least it doesn't have stiching in all the wrong places like my prior saddle!