Serfas Stinger Race RS Saddles

Stinger Race RS

• Strategic center cut out enhances comfort • Tubular Titanium rails • Road specific shape • Sleek minimalist design • Extra Long rails for maximum adjustability • 190 gr

triboiler   Triathlete [Jul 14, 2009]
Strength:

Light

When I was planning my big bicycle purchase a number of years ago, I kept going back to this particular bike and loved how comfortable it was. After a few spins on it, I realized it wasn't the bike, it was the saddle. THIS saddle. I didn't buy that bike, but I DID buy the saddle to put on my new bike and have not wanted to change it yet! (5 years of HARD riding)

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia flite
strathconaman   Road Racer [Apr 25, 2008]
Strength:

Low cost, low weight, high comfort, high value.

Stitching could be a little more even. If I ever grow eyes in my ass this might bother me.

I picked up this SLR clone from a LBS with the intent of putting it on my commutter. I quickly realized it was very, very comfortable. 3 Years later I have two of them, one for my road bike and one for my mountain bike. It isn't perfect, and if bling is your thing, Serfas products aren't for you. If you like to ride, and ride lots this saddle might be right for you too.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia - SLR's, gels, etc.
cottoneg   Road Racer [Aug 10, 2007]
Strength:

Comfort
Light weight
Has a cut-out

The covering is a vinyl like material

I am not sure I understand the review below. It seems he is upset that he overpaid for a saddle and is blaming Serfas that it is actually a Velo? He bashes the saddle in his review because he paid $60 for a saddle that he basically already had. Hmmmm?

Saddles are tough to review as everyone is so different and everyone has their own opinion.

Finding the right saddle can take some time. I have had this saddle for two years. It seems very similar to the Forté Pro SLX Saddle. I actually like the Forté Pro SLX Saddle but the embroidery is abrasive to my shorts. I purchased a Serfas Stinger. I like the cutout. It seems to eliminate pressure and properly distributes your weight for ride-all-day comfort. It is lightly padded and basically a flat saddle, except for the cut-out area. I like flat saddles better than curved saddles. I find it a very comfortable saddle and most of my rides are around 40 miles +. The material is not as nice as the Forté Pro SLX Saddles leather, but it has held up well over the years.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia XO, Bontrager, Forté Pro SLX,
jberenyi   Road Racer [May 05, 2006]
Strength:

None really.

Knock off of the Velo OEM bike seats that come with new bikes

When I found out this was a cheap knock off from Velo boy was I disappointed and immediately returned the saddle. My new Felt F2C Team came with their version and it was a Serfas in disguise. I was getting ripped off $70 for a saddle you can buy new on Ebay for $10 all day long. Some people are sure ignorant and many pay the price.

smoothmtb   Road Racer [Mar 10, 2006]
Strength:

Good weight, durability (enough for my xc hardtail), price and warranty...

too inexpensive for the compulsive spender.

This has been an excellent saddle which, if you're into the wafer thin slr style, will be right on for you. The price is really a bonus and the weight actually insures more durability than the Italian slr makes. On top of all this, the Serfas customer service is the best. I call them sometimes just to talk about the weather.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia slr, velo slr ripoff...
tjspahr   Recreational Rider [May 21, 2005]
Strength:

Extremely comfortable. I like the flat profile. Very light (about 190 grams). Not too much padding. Priced well.

Marginal fit/finish.

I purchased this on a whim when I had a new bike built. I had been using Fizik Aliante's, which just were not comfortable for me. The size and shape were similar to the Selle San Marco Aspide, a saddle I like, but the Serfas had a little more padding than the Aspide, which I felt would make it more comfortable. For comparison, the bikes these saddles were installed on were set up with measurements from a fit kit; saddle placement should have been comparable between the bikes that had these saddles. On the initial ride of the new bike, I was pleasantly surprised. I only did 40 miles, but was comfortable the entire time, something that did not happen personally with the Aspides. The saddle isn't over-padded, which I like. I was a little concerned about the cut-out; I had a Specialized Body Geometry Comp which was a torture device. In fact, I hated that saddle so much that I hadn't looked at a saddle with a groove/cut-out in years. I can't say that it helps, but it certainly did not seem to make the saddle uncomfortable. The only drawback is that the fit/finish does not seem to be as good as other saddle companies. By comparison, the Aspide is a work of art, and truly is constructed and finished well. However the Stinger is really comfortable, which is what I was concerned with. It's extremely reasonably priced, well worth the try if your saddle shopping.

Similar Products Used: Fizik Aliante; Selle San Marco Aspide; Specialized Body Geometry Comp.