Specialized Avatar Comp Gel Saddles

Avatar Comp Gel

With its ergonomic design and gel padding, Specialized's Avatar Comp Gel is the perfect upgrade for more comfort on every ride. Specialized's Body...

nadoman   Recreational Rider [Sep 29, 2012]
Strength:

Great support
Flat shape is great for my bum
3 sizes to dial in fit

none so far

I just bought this saddle yesterday.
Put in a 30 miler today. . . no problemo. I like it better than the Toupe or Romin
It is perfect for my bum, with just enough padding for the sit bones, but stiff enough to not feel like I'm sitting on a pillow.
It really is not going to need a breaking in period.
Power transfer during seated climbs was excellent.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Toupe and Romin
Selle Flite gel
Koobi Au Chrono
shavon   Recreational Rider [Feb 26, 2012]
Strength:

not very expensive
mine is wearing well

This saddle isn't my holy grail.

It's pretty decent but not perfect. Am writing this for females who, like me, seem to do better on T-shaped saddles rather than pear shaped. That wider shoulder that connects the nose to the rear of the saddle just chafes the top of my inner thighs.....and I am very slender in the thighs.
Since Specialized offers 3 widths for the rear, women with wider sitz bone widths can go with the 155. I also need the small amount of gel. together you get reasonable support for the sitz bones
My only problem w/ this saddle is that I get pubic bone crushing when in the drops or aeros. and that is important !! That relegates the avatar to shorter/slower/recovery rides. Going to pursue more aggressive cutouts for this riding season.

Similar Products Used: Terry Butterfly (ti rails)--torture / Selle Italia lady Gel flow--chafing inner thigh/ stock Bontrager--no, no, no
Josh   Recreational Rider [Feb 06, 2012]
Strength:

Multiple Sizes
Just enough gel
Flatter/square shape (I hate rounded saddles)

Squeaks- easily fixed with a little lube (I used spray lithium) where the rails enter the body

Great saddle for everything from the crit course right outside my front door to the century rides. It is a firm saddle while the gel just takes the edge out of the saddle and damps out any vibration that my Ti frame doesn't.
The saddle is flat and has pretty square shoulders which works very well for me. I really appreciate the fact that this saddle comes in 3 widths all with racing/fast training in mind. Allowing the users to find the best saddle for them. This is great for those of us that don't match the traditional cyclist body but still ride hard