Specialized Phenom Saddles

Phenom

Upgrade to Specialized's Phenom Expert Saddle and take the sting out of all your off-road rides. Its generously padded nose lets you scoot forward in...

HackAttack   Road Racer [Oct 09, 2011]
Strength:

-wider model available
-space to move around to relieve pressure
-cut out also fosters blood flow
-not super expensive

Hard to quantify it, but it just didn't fit my body geometry. Saddle fit is a very personal thing.

While I still haven't found the saddle that really fits my geometry, the Phenom was one of the better that I've tried. The wider base supports sit bones well, the cut out relieves a bit of pressure, and there's enough space to move around on the saddle so you don't go numb. I had a occasional issues with saddle sores which caused me to move on (currently giving a year to the Fizik Arione Versus), but if I wasn't spending so many hours in the saddle then it would probably have been fine. Despite it not being the totally right saddle for me I'd suggest it to a teammate or friend.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia Flight XO, WTB Silverado, Fizik Arione, Fizik Aliante, Fizik Arione Versus
d8958101   Road Racer [Oct 16, 2009]
Strength:

ride with no numbness,nice-looking(color is brown)

it's not that comfortable for a flat ride,cause the downturn perch will enhance the pressure on your hands.

it's a saddle made for moutain biking. When you set the saddle horizontal,then go for a ride and you'll feel it slightly downturned perch.If you always ride in the mountain,this saddle won't let you down.

Similar Products Used: SMP composit, Brooks, WTB
austincrx   Road Racer [Aug 12, 2009]
Strength:

Flex, Padding, No plastic nose, price

Wide nose, not much nose padding

I was in need of a new saddle that would keep me from 'going numb' in certain areas. I read some instances where people used the phenom on there road bikes because it's very similar to the toupe, but doesn't have the plastic nose piece (which is notorious for ripping shorts). I had a gift card, so I decided to try it. The shop worker said that I could buy it, try it for a few days, and as long as it wasn't damaged in any way, I could return it if I didn't like it.
Well, I did like it. it is MUCH more comfortable than my other seat (E3)!

The only thing I did not like about the Phenom is the relatively wide nose. When in an aero dynamic position, I noticed my legs would rub on the sides of the nose piece. But this is to be expected because this saddle was made for Mountain Biking, and you don't really get into an 'aero' position when mountain biking.