Specialized Power Saddles

Specialized Power Saddles

The rails on the S Works and Pro models are oversized 7x9mm FACT carbon, which shaves weight and adds stiffness, but is not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails.

[Feb 17, 2018]
kiwisimon

Strength:

I am riding the S-Works power saddle. I have ridden San Marco Rolls, Selle Italia Flite and Velo Carbon saddles for over 30 years. Last year I went back to a more aggressive geometry on my road bike and found for the first time in my life I was getting uncomfortable on rides when pushing hard or on rides over two hours. Mainly at the front area of the saddle. I bought this saddle (wide size) and after six months of both on road riding and a lot of trainer usage it is by far the most comfortable saddle I have ridden. No pressure at all anywhere on my rear end even after hours on the saddle. Saddle reviews are very subjective but I would buy this saddle again no hesitation.

Price made me do a double take but I spend more on hot coffee each year and it goes nowhere near my butt. Some people don't like the style but if it's doing it's intended purpose who can see it?

Price Paid:
2017
OVERALL
[Feb 03, 2017]
cryospide

Strength:

Lightweight

Foam too soft and hard plastic under the nose digs into your area. Google some images of the nose and check out the hard plastic under it through the cutout.

This is a well-made seat but not comfortable for me. I'm 5-11 185 lbs. and don't think I'm too heavy. I rode it for 2 months. It is not comfortable on long rides. The foam on the nose squishes down with a thumb easily and your junk gets pressed into the cutout when you ride. The back of the saddle is the same; too soft of foam and you end up sitting on the hard plastic underneath. It's like sleeping in a tent but you missed the rock under your sleeping bag and find it at about 11 o'clock that night and cannot get off of it. Does well when climbing but isn't my choice for training/centuries. I'm still on the hunt for the holy grail. I tried the Aliante and Aliante VS which are more comfortable. Going to try the ISM PL 1.1 next.

OVERALL