Trico Sports Split-Rail Ti Saddle Saddles

Trico Sports Split-Rail Ti Saddle Saddles

[Sep 27, 2004]
sidewinder

Strength:

Split rail, adjustability.

Probably the best, most comfortable saddle that I have owned. The adjustability of this saddle allows you to fine tune it to your anatomy.

Brooks, Selle Royal, WTB, etc. etc. etc.

OVERALL
[Apr 22, 2004]
paul925

Strength:

COMFORT - the Trico Saddle is the first one I've ever used that I could ride for 5 - 6 hours without ever experiencing "numbnuts syndrome".

It's a little heavier than some more traditional saddles (almost twice as heavy as an SLR). But hey, your comfort is worth something, too. I thought the saddle looked bulky when I first saw it, but the looks grew on me quickly after I discovered how comfortable it was.

I was hesitant to get this saddle because of the somewhat bulky look and additional weight, but I decided to give it a try anyway and decided the comfort made it worth sacrificing a little bit of weight-savings. I've been riding it a little over a year now, and I doubt I'll ever go back to a traditional saddle again. The original reason I wanted to try this saddle was to end the "numbnuts syndrome" I was experiencing on my long rides. The Trico Sports saddles seem to be the only ones on the market with the split sides all the way to the front of the saddle, which is where I sit 90% of the time while I'm in the aerobars. With the Fizik Pave I had before, I had numbness during rides as short as 3 hours, even though I stood occasionally. In contrast, last fall, with the Trico saddle, I comfortably completed my first Ironman distance race. I probably saved much more time by not having to sit/stand up off the saddle as I lost to the additional weight.

I didn't find any other brands that offer a saddle with the split all the way to the front, which was an important feature for me since I ride in the aerobars a lot. I did try Trico's "Prima EX" saddle. It was a lot lighter, but split is only in the rear 3/4 of the saddle, so it was fine for road riding, but not as comfortable in the aero position.

OVERALL