3T Dorico LTD Seatposts

Dorico LTD

The Dorico is built with 25mm of saddle setback instead of the zero setback. The Dorico LTD is made with 100% unified carbon fiber construction from the shaft to the head. No seams means no weak spots for stress risers to develop. It's light. It's durable. And it offers fantastic micro-adjustability. The only non-carbon material on the post is the lower and upper clamp assembly, which is made from aluminum with titanium bolts. Its two-bolt design allows you to fine-tune the saddle for perfect adjustment.

nadimk   Recreational Rider [Aug 30, 2011]
Strength:

Light
Setback
Good quality carbon fiber, really smooths out buzz
Decent clamp

Inner clamp bolt a little hard to get to
All carbon fiber is at risk for catastrophic breakage if not handled properly, over tightened, etc. I use a 5nM torque key to install carbon parts. You should too.

I'm reviewing this post to highlight two things. Posts with setback and carbon fiber posts. I ride a custom steel road bike, and I will allow carbon fiber at key contact points, bars, posts, shoe soles. I switched from a Thomson because I needed setback. This post fit the bill: very light, 25mm of setback, and carbon. Thompson posts are the gold standard, but their setback posts would not fit in my frame due to my small size.

If you haven't read Steve Hogg's blog describing the importance of proper saddle setback, do it. Installing this post gave me proper setback and improved comfort, power, and ergonomics. I lowered the post about 5mm to compensate.

Carbon fiber indeed does make a difference in ride quality, especially for a steel bike. After installing this, I immediately noticed less vibration and road harshness coming through my butt. I wouldn't think it is enough to justify the high cost of carbon fiber, but if you can afford it, try it.

The clamping mechanism is well done, and fairly easy to use. The inner bolt is a little hard to adjust because it is so close to the post.