DEDA Black Stick Seatposts

Black Stick

Carbon fiber monocoque seat post.Professional top end component for optimum performance bike. Parts are alluminium alloy. Technical data: Seat post O.D.:27,2 mm (or 32,4 mm)

Tango1   Road Racer [Feb 10, 2011]
Strength:

Lightweight, easy to adjust, great customer service and support.

None, but be careful when adjusting seat angle.

I have used Deda seat posts for years and unfortunately had one of them break. It was an old Magic Stick well out of warranty. I emailed Deda and despite being out of warranty, they replaced it with a Black Stick. This is a great product with great customer service. I find there's plenty of adjustment, it's lightweight and very easy to adjust. Just be sure the fixing biolt is loose before your start adjusting the seat angle.

Similar Products Used: 3T and FSA carbon seat posts
orange_julius   Road Racer [Jan 22, 2011]
Strength:

Light, comfortable.

Limited adjustability, single pin does not keep saddle where it should be.

I switched out my Thomson for this Deda seatpost thinking that I would save a teeny bit of weight and add a bit more comfort by using carbon.

First impression was favorable: seatpost is quite light. Second impression was unfavorable: this post does not allow infinite adjustment of the seat angle. Third impression was favorable: It feels more comfortable.

Unfortunately, final impression was really unfavorable: despite my best effort, the single bolt loosens itself unless I tighten it every other ride. This problem started manifesting itself after 9 months of ownership, during which time I made no adjustments. And yes, I used a torque wrench.

Similar Products Used: Thomson, Thomson Elite, ITM carbon. Seriously, just go with a Thomson.
maleonardphi   Recreational Rider [Oct 12, 2005]
Strength:

Looks, weight

Doesn't have infinite adjustment like Thomson seatposts

This seatpost came on the used bike I purchased. So far, after two rides, its been great. But after having a Thomson seatpost, I can't stand not having the infinite adjustment.