Easton EA70 Seatposts

• Proprietary Easton TaperWall technology
  • 21 degrees of angular adjustability
  • Proprietary micro-adjustable lightweight head

Veronikafan   Recreational Rider [Mar 10, 2007]
Strength:

Lots of saddle setback. Simple, easy to adjust clamp. Light weight. Good value.

Gaudy graphics (easily removed with solvent)

This review is for the older-style EA70 with the one-bolt head. Easton has since changed the design of the head to a two-bolt Thomson style head as pictured above. I was told by the Easton sales rep that the first batch of 2006 two-bolt EA70's had to be recalled because of manufacturing "problems". Anyway, I wanted the older, setback style post for positioning, and that's what I got. I bought this post to replace my Easton EC70 carbon-fiber seatpost when the epoxy clearcoat on the shaft peeled away and it became too loose in the frame and would slip. The shot-peened aluminum shaft on the EA70, what they call the TaperWall construction, is very thin, but plenty strong and stiff. I see in the mountain bike reviews that many riders complain that the one-bolt head does not hold their saddles securely enough, but I have not had any slippage issues with either the shaft or the saddle clamp. Considering what I paid for this post, I have no complaints.

Similar Products Used: Easton EC70, American Classic aluminum seatpost, Dura Ace seatpost, old Campy Chorus alloy seatpost
OVERALL