Thomson Elite Seatposts

Thomson Elite Seatposts

Extremely strong and lightweight. Available in size 27.2 x 250mm either straight or with a 10 degree setback 188g. Also available in 30.9mm and 31.6mm with a 367mm length and a 7 degree setback.

[Jun 28, 2010]
Ventruck

Strength:

Stays in place, stays alive.

Screw heads aren't something to write home about, but then again you ideally should be using a torque wrench to prevent mishaps.

I bought a zero-offset version used. I hate being on those "bandwagons" of popular items, but I seek no further when it comes to seatposts unless I wanted an aero profile. The Thomson Elite just...does its job:

Doesn't slip, setting is easy and on-point. Weight and comfort - well in my opinion - have zero influence on seatpost quality in general. My Elite is far from broken, but the clamp screw heads are rather suspect to getting stripped at the first sign of carelessness when torque-ing.

[Apr 30, 2010]
Texas1

Strength:

Good adjustments and looks great

A little tricky to install

Nice looking post with good graphics. Felt just right on the very first ride. Good adjustments once you get it on.

original Litespeed carbon and Giant aluminum generic

[Dec 03, 2008]
acid_rider

Strength:

strong, good adjustment

not enough setback for many riders - good for me only because my Time frame has slacker STA than most others. I can't use same post on my other bike which has 74 STA so I use FSA SL220 post instead (also good one). This is why 4 stars instead of 5. Another 10-15mm more setback i.e. same as all other ~25mm setback posts would be ideal.

this review is for set-back kinked Thomson Elite, 27.2mm. Great seatpost, strong, two-bolt design allows precise seat level adjustment

Bontrager, FSA (aluminium and carbon)

[Jan 11, 2007]
pedlfoot

Strength:

Light and strong. Adjusts easilly. Looks great.

I have a Thompson Elite on both of my bikes. I use the zero offset model. The Elite is a work of art. It is simple and very functional. The adjustment for seat tilt is easy to use and will allow you to fine tune the angle exactly where you want it. The Elite is very light. In fact the Elite was lighter than a few carbon posts I was looking at. Buy this post and you will never have to get another one.

Generic OEM posts.