Campagnolo Daytona ErgoPower Shifters

• Cables and Pre-Lubricated Casings
  • No Brake Housing Ferrules ErgoBrain Computer Ready

• User Reviews (3)

AJS   Recreational Rider [Sep 02, 2004]
    Strength:

~ Great Ergo shape and Campy feel during shifts. ~ Thumb up-shifting beats Shimano's lever. ~ Wears well. ~ Build quality.

~ As with all Campy Ergo's, those with short fingers might find the levers harder to reach from the drops. But that can be fixed with a bit of a mod to the brake lever travel. (See http://www.campyonly.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83 for instructions).

The Centaur's are excellent shifters, and will probably never wear out unless you crash them. More of a solid 'click' it seems than with Chorus or Record, and I've owned both. Once broken-in, the Centaur shifts as easily as any on the market. You'll spend more only for a tad lighter Chorus/Record CF levers, but not for functionality/reliability.

Similar Products Used: '01 Record 10, '00 Chorus 9, 105, older groups.
    Leisure   Recreational Rider [Jun 23, 2002]
    Strength:

Ergo. Deliberate feel. Lighter than Chorus because it uses bushings instead of bearings. Shifts are precise and smooth, which is almost the norm these days.

Ergo. Deliberate feel. Has a breakin period because it uses bushings instead of bearings.

At first the shifting was a bit stiff, nothing to complain about, but was mildly more effort than I was used to. Things have broken in considerably now and the shifting has been smooth and flawless. It feels more deliberate in it's shifts than Shimano, which can be either pro or con depending on your tastes. As stated, I'm a recreational rider, and I happen to like the feel of it aesthetically. Some racers might find it tedious when they're shifting all the time, but that's just my speculation. I really like ergo.

Similar Products Used: Primarily demoed, but everything priced between 105 and Record.
    Sam   Road Racer [Dec 03, 2000]
    Strength:

Smooth shifting, reliable, look nice, "chorus on a budget" quality

I've not had any problems

I've had these for over a year and I've never had a problem with them. They feel nice while riding, and shift cleanly. I have the rolf wheels with an ultegra cassette and chain, with an otherwise all chorus/daytona drivetrain. I need to adjust the deraileur pretty often, but otherwise the shifting is very clean; I was suprised at how clean it shifted, since the shimano and campy stuff are not compatable. I have used the ultegra gruppo before, and I just don't like the feel. It is rather dull, the campy shifting feels alive. If you want to have the true italian feel but can't afford record or chorus, Daytona is the way to go!