Campagnolo Mirage ErgoPower Shifter/Brake Lever Shifters

• Cables and Pre-Lubricated Casings
  • ErgoBrain Computer Ready

• User Reviews (3)

tvphobic   Road Racer [Aug 23, 2008]
    Strength:

The shift feel is just like Veloce, which is just like Centaur. Quick, positive, accurate, multiple up and downshifts.

Not as phenomenally smooth as Chorus/Record, but for this low price point, fantastic. Also, for the insecure, some people won't be impressed by the low-key look. I think it's cool.

This review is for the Campagnolo Mirage Ergopower, 9-speed version. This product is a sleeper, it's black composite (plastic), not shiny, not carbon, but it can take a licking and keep on ticking, so to speak.

Similar Products Used: Athena 9 ergos, Centaur, a few spins on Chorus, and all the Shimano STI versions.
    oily666   Recreational Rider [Aug 19, 2007]
    Strength:

They do all you could ask for. More comfortable than the new design.

I overshift when I get on my 10 speed Look.

My Mirage Ergos are 8 speed. They came on my Bianchi Eros in 1996 and have performed flawlessly since new. They felt about the same as Record when new but everyone said they'd wear out quickly (probably Shimano owners). The only service they've received is an occasional shot of Prolink. While this is not my only bike, these shifters still have over 25K miles yet feel like new. I've rebuilt my Chorus 10 speeds once already in only four years.

Similar Products Used: Chorus 10
    Torpado_Guy   Recreational Rider [Dec 19, 2002]
    Strength:

light, sure, Ergo comfortable, awesome stealth looks, highly affordable

None thus far

Purchased to use on a bike built with all: light, black and inexpensive components, for all weather use (1990 Colnago). The Mirage composite levers feel the same as Record to me (I wear fingerless gloves), which I like. It feels light under my finger tips, but seems to give a sort of warmer positive grip than metal levers. Every shift is crisp and precise with an appropriate post 2000 Daytona rear der. Hood design is basically the same as Record too. All black is tops in my book, and at significantly less than half the cost of Record! If these "brifters" hold up, then I'm hooked!