Cinelli Frog Stems

Frog

• Construction: hot forged from Al 6061 T6 alloy, black anodized.
  • Sizes: 90-100-110-120-130-140
  • Clamp diameter: 26.0
  • Stem diameter: 22.2
  • Angle: 73°
  • Weight: 270 gr./110

• User Reviews (4)

Elvis   [Jun 19, 2012]
    Strength:

Cool looks, removeable faceplate, fits old style threaded forks

stock expander wedge had smooth serface and twisted easily; replaced with a grooved one form an old nitto and good to go!

This came on a used masi I got from a friend. it was too long for the masi imho, but i used it for a while. I was happy with the feel of the stem, even if on that bike it was a bit long; it was stiff and held up good. It looked odd at first but had grown on me. I had another friend who owns a bike shop build me a custom lugged steel frame and when assigning parts -- it'll be largely sram apex -- i picked this and one of those clunky campy headsets as my two must have's. It'll have to buy a new bar for it as none of the ones i was planning to use fit clamp area, but it'll be worth it.

Trinrn7   Recreational Rider [Feb 04, 2003]
    Strength:

Fairly stiff, removable faceplate, reasonable cost, quality finish and plating on faceplate bolts

Flimsy, poor fitting plastic expander bolt dust cover (blew away 1st week). Graphics and name (what is a Frog in Italian?)

I've used this stem for sometime now and and it has held up well. Removable faceplate is a great feature. Fairly stiff in my 12cm size for an aluminum stem.

Similar Products Used: Profile H2O, Look Ergo, Modolo, Salsa
    Chris Morris   Commuter [Jul 07, 2002]
    Strength:

Stiff Stiff Stiff

I purchased and installed this stem and was quite pleased with the results. This was a replacement for a late 80's forged ITM stem that was twisting with every stroke, especially when I'm raised off the seat. The 10cm "Frog" that I purchased is stiff. I no longer feel like the stem is stealing all of my power. The removable face plate is wonderful!

tuffguy   Road Racer [Dec 24, 2001]
    Strength:

strong, removable face plate, no slippage

none as of now

if you have a quality ride and can''t afford to go threadless right now, but need to replace your stem buy this one! the frog is very light and its removable face plate is great for swapping on that time trail set up. also the stem grip the bars much better than the stock icon stem on my Trek. also it is a nice piece of design...