Cinelli Grammo Titanium Road Stems

Grammo Titanium Road

26.0mm clamp. Threadless stem. Manufactured using folded titanium sheets welded into shape.

needlz   Recreational Rider [Aug 21, 2004]
Strength:

Light. Ti Stylely. Doesn't look like every other doods stem.

Single bolt. Slide through access. Pricey.

I have had this mounted on my look hsc-3 fork for almost 3 years. I am not sure what the other folks are talking about in terms of looks... Compared to all the black, Deda Newton clone stems out there, this is style. Nothing beats the sheen of Ti on any frame. Problems: Having a single bolt holding the stem to fork being all the separates me from certain doom is a little disconcerning. It has never failed me and I try not to think about it. The other issue is having to completely redo handlebar tape everytime I need to remove handlebars (not very frequently).

Similar Products Used: -
larry   Road Racer [Oct 07, 2003]
Strength:

Cult following of Cinelli

Style not, no face plate, wedge not expander

very low on looks and styl;e for a cinelli and WHY do they use a slide0-wedge instead of an expander? not good on many forks. What is the appeal of this thing?

Similar Products Used: Cinelli 1/A, 1/R,TTT
Doug Sloan   Road Racer [Mar 31, 2000]
Strength:

Very light; good finish; should last forever.

I can flex the heck out of it on a stationary trainer, but don't notice it on the road or rollers. Expensive. Single bolt, so not easy to remove bars.

It's light and works well. Being Ti, it should last.

Similar Products Used: All sorts of aluminum ones.
brandt   Recreational Rider [Apr 04, 2001]
Strength:

durability

using grammo stem w/ easton carbon fiber roadbars , working order stem , durable .