Campagnolo Veloce (AC-S) Bottom Brackets

Campagnolo Veloce (AC-S) Bottom Brackets

Campagnolo Veloce Bottom Brackets Weight: 299 g BBThreadType: English, Italian Spindle InterfaceType: SquareTaper ISO

[Jun 13, 2016]
Tim

Strength:

Campy name

Wore out after a couple of years
Stupid impractical tool that doesn't fit anything else
Verdict: total sh!#

Avoid like the plague

[Feb 28, 2013]
José Pesos

Strength:

works with campy record pista
price
bearing protection shell

Weight

With the track Campy record crankset, I had to instal this one on my Track bike instead the record BB. The record is 111mm and when I installed the crank, it touch my frame very badly, so I needed some 115mm and it works with the Veloce. For sure I'm very disapointed to install this one when I have the record in my pocket, But my bike is still lighter than with my previous crank and BB set (wich come with the bike and was very sh*%$y). So its not so bad after all.. Now I'm waiting for the summer to use it, can't wait !!!

[Oct 06, 2010]
JFern

Strength:

Bearings, bearings, bearings.

Heavy. Needs a special tool. Cannot adjust/tighten the drive-side cup without removing the crankarm.

A half-right bottom bracket. The bearings are amazingly smooth, and resistance is microscopic after the seals break in. But the thing is pig-heavy and requires a one-off goofy tool for install and adjustment.

Shimano junk
Edco

[Aug 09, 2005]
indricothere

Strength:

Heafty. 300 grams. Not very durable. Mine had horrible ticking issues. The tool for removal/installation was awkward and difficult to use. The Chorus/ Record style is much easier to use.

I thought I could save a little money so I decided to purchase this BB. for 20 dollars. I was initally disappointed with the heafty weight. Mine weighed in at 301 grams. I have had a continious ticking problem, with an occasional creak. These were solved by installing a new FSA Ultimax.

DuraAce, Ultegra BB. each I had no problems with.

[Apr 25, 2005]
seckardt

Strength:

Dependable/durable Low-cost Campy name

Heavy!!

I installed this BB for the original build-up for this road bike. Installation was pretty easy. Removal was no problem either. Yes, it's heavy but what do you expect for a sub-$20 bottom bracket? Bearings are still smooth and there is no excess wear anyplace on the BB, that I can see. Some reviewers of this BB (in the Veloce GROUP review) complained about the cups cold-welding to the BB shell. Let's use some common sense guys. If you grease the threads prior to installation, this will not happen. I have installed/removed many BB's over time in both road & MTB's and NEVER experienced this problem. Overall, a good value for the money if you are building up your first road bike or looking for a durable BB for a foul-weather beater.

Shimano LX/XT (MTB's), Race Face Taperlock, Race Face ISIS, Sakae 3-pc BB

[Jul 19, 2004]
king4wd

Strength:

Smooth bearings. Quiet.

Heavy (290grams)

Got this BB with the rest of the Veloce group. I was initialy disappointed with the weight, until I handled it and realized how buttery smooth it was. When I had it installed, the mechanic couldn't believe how smooth it was. Now after riding it for a few months, I love it! No sqeaks, rattles or clicks, just solid,steady and smooth.

Shimano DX, LX, XT & 105 Race Face Taperlock (outstanding BB)