Truvativ Team SL Bottom Brackets

Team SL

Truvativ BB's. Featuring the ISIS Drive System. Spline BB's are 25% stiffer with twice the strength of square taper BB's which means you'll spend more of your time on your bike...not in the shop. Weight: 245 grams Compatibility: ISIS spline for Race Face or Truvativ cranks.

AJS   Recreational Rider [Mar 23, 2005]
Strength:

~ Doesn't let in water and grit like previous generation did. ~ Installed easy enough.

~ Not as light as a Ti spindled BB, but won't break as easy as Ti spindles can.

I had the lower model TruVativ BB that came OEM on a CX bike, and it didn't last very long once the wet and grit got into it. But I did like the snappy responsiveness before it went bad, along with the Elita cranks I had at that time. Bought the Raleigh road frame and needed a new BB, so I figured I'd get the Team SL and give TruVativ one more chance to redeem themselves. This has 3 bearings instead of 2 like the older unit, and reportedly better seals. Size is 108 x Eng. thread. After about 2500 miles and some wet rides, no problems yet. Does what a BB is supposed to, which is just spin the cranks and you forget it's there. Not quite as smooth overall as a Record BB, but it's less than half the price. So far, this is a good everyday workhorse BB at a decent price. More miles will tell the tale.

Similar Products Used: Campy Record, TruVativ 2-bearing unit.
OVERALL
scoculk   Recreational Rider [May 12, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff and quiet.

None yet.

In an attempt to find a stiffer alternative to the Ultegra triple/105 BB set-up I was running, I swapped it out for a Truvativ Elita triple crankset and the Gigapipe Team SL bottom bracket. I am very pleased after more than a year (3000+ miles). It has proven to be a very stiff combination and I haven't heard a peep out of the BB. At this point I would definitely recommend this product.