Gore Bike Wear Ride-On Cables Cables

Gore Bike Wear Ride-On Cables Cables

Gore Ride-On Low Friction Road Brake Cable Set: For use only on road bikes, this high performance cable system replaces galvanized, stainless steel, and other coated cables. Patented cable coating technology designed for low friction and durability...

[Sep 13, 2010]
mikefly01

Strength:

Well made product. Easy to care for.

Clear installation guide.

Stellar customer service.

None.

Gore Ride-On Cables -- Customer Support

I am not writing a review of the product itself although I am very pleased with the performance of my cables. I am writing to describe the first rate customer service I recently received.

I noticed my front derailleur cable fraying, as a result of my less than perfect installation about six months ago. When I contacted rideon@wlgore.com to order a replacement, I received an almost immediate response from Christa. I was told that Gore is working with its dealers to carry replacement cables, in addition to its complete cable systems. In the meantime, she sent me a cable directly. I only wish that all component manufacturers provided this level of service.

Shimano Ultegra cable set.

OVERALL
[Jul 29, 2009]
Matthew McGill

Strength:

Low effort shifting, immediate, major difference noted. Good instructions with video available on line. Sealed unit should keep crud out from other reviews I have read.

A little pricey.

Super trick sealed cable setup with full liner. I went this route after my stock Deore XT shifting setup became very difficult to shift (rear)

OVERALL