Shimano Dura-Ace CS-7700 Cassettes

• Titanium, Chrome-Moly Sprockets

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 01, 2008]
    jester50

Strength:

Smooth, light, dura-ace!

Its expensive and hard to find in 9spd.

I got really lucky to find this cheap on eBay. I got the 11-23 setup. It was slightly used, but excellent condition. I bought it when I changed my crank to compact. It seemed quite a bit lighter than the 12-25 ultegra cassette I used before. So far shifting is flawless and I do not have the skipping issues some reviewers speak of. Maybe in time as the cogs wear? But than that happens with all worn cassettes.

I am very happy with this cassette. Its smooth and shifts flawlessly for me and its light. Only downside is the 9spd is getting harder to find and the price is $120+ for the dura ace. I may go back to ultegra when this cassette wears down....just to save a buck.

12-25 Ultegra 6500 9spd

[Oct 15, 2007]
    Rod

Strength:

It works as it should, everytime.

Great cassette!!! I have never had any kind of problem with it, not when I was riding every day, and not after letting it sit for 5+ years. I have never had the chain skip- if the chain skips on you, it is not because of this cassette. Pro's use this for a reason.

105, long ago

[Sep 01, 2005]
    jrbutcher

Strength:

Weight & good shifting performance

None that come to mind. It's a good product

My current primary ride is set up with DA 10, however, I have had much more experience with the 7700 (DA 9) group. To be honest, skipping has never been an issue on any of my bikes. That is with a sample of (5) 7700 cassettes and (2) Ultegra 9 cassettes of various sizes. I generally use Sram 89R chains with my 9 speed groups, keep them clean & well lubed. I'm sure it could happen, but I've never experienced a new cassette being the cause of a skipping problem. More typically, skipping happens when an elongated chain (worn) is mated with a new or unworn cassette. Get a chain ruler and replace your chain before it damages your cassette or run them both into the ground and change them (and your small chainring) at the same time to avoid skipping.

Ultegra 9, DA 10

[Aug 30, 2005]
    skyline377

Strength:

lighter than ultegra.

It skips and jumps when you try to go for a climb

Got this on ebay thinking I could save a few grams on the bike, on the second ride it skips when I'm going up a climb. At first I thought the RD needs adjusting but it's the cassette, Will buy ultegra nextr time and save me some money instead of a few grams

Two other bikes with Ultegras with no problem at all

[Apr 15, 2005]
    psyculman

Strength:

Light, dependable

none so far.

After reading some of the reviews here about the DA 7700 cassett, I'm a little confused, I have about 2,800 miles on mine, and have never had any problems. This includes taking into consideration New England road sand.

Ultegra, Performance aluminum

[Mar 26, 2005]
    windinhair

Forget about it. Get an Ultegra or SRAM

This casette is terrible. I agree with the other review. It skips, jumps, and especially on steep climbs. You pay the price when you start mixing aluminum and Ti. It wears like a cheap piece of cardboard. I would only use it for races, and even then I felt it was dangerous because of the skipping in the 23T

[Oct 24, 2003]
    DiabloScott

Strength:

Extremely light - box weighs about the same whether the cassette's in there or not. Shifts well, easy to install.

Expensive - almost double what Ultegra costs. Wears out FAST. I've never had a cassette wear out this fast - less than 2,000 miles and it skips badly. I put a new chain on at the same time as this cassette and the chain's fine but the cassette's toast - especially the smallest titanium cog (19t).

I expected shorter component life with this cassette, but not *this* short. I'm very disappointed. Check out my bike blog: http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

All of them. Regina 6, Regina Oro 6, Regina America 7, Ultegra 7, Ultegra 8.

[Oct 11, 2003]
    lance-james

Strength:

light and quick

expensive

Very fast and light, rode two giant hills did not skip when shifting. I have the shimano hg-70 and ultegra-the dura ace is the best, Ultegra comes a close second and is the best looking of all three.

Shimano HG-70, Ultegra.

[Sep 03, 2003]
    km_nevada

Strength:

Smooth shifting (when new), light weight

Extremely poor Durability

This is a great cassette . . . for the first 400 miles. Large cogs began skipping with less than 500 miles on the cassette. Shifted very well when it was new- quick and smooth. This is a fine product if you are a sponsored competitor and don't pay for your parts - otherwise buy Ultegra.

Ultegra 8 and 9 spd, Suntour Winner Pro (yes, a 7 spd freewheel) Sachs-SRAM freewheels

[Sep 14, 2002]
    moabbiker

Strength:

Lightweight, 12-27 size is ideal for steep hill climbing

Can be expensive, much more than an Ultegra which is basically the same thing, sans the big titanium gears.

Got a 12-27 to tackle many of the steep 12-20% grade hills around here. Lightweight, only 182g even with the two big cogs (27-24). Climbing is much easier than with the 12-25 I had before. I'm still only cranking 50 rpm's with 42/27 on an 18% grade but hey, I'll get better!