Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 Cassettes

Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 Cassettes

Shimano decided to re-design their Ultegra groupset to the new 6700 level with trickle-down technology from the new Dura-Ace 7900 group. The CS-6700 cassette has thus also added some features over the previous 6600 cassette. Most striking is the addition

[Dec 02, 2013]
Typetwelve

Strength:

Well made, relatively light, way cheaper than Dura Ace

None that I can think of...

I actually have two of these, a 11-28 and an oddball 12-30, I love them both. With the 10spd clearing out, these cassettes can be had for super cheap, often under $50. Coupled to an Ultegra chain and 105 read derailleur, this cassette shifts flawlessly and super smooth.

OVERALL
[Jun 20, 2012]
Ken Kimble

Strength:

Great selection of gearing matched up with a compact 50/34 crank. Smooooth shifting!!

None that I've experienced.

Switched over from the Shimano 105 group to the Ultegra 6700 piece by piece. Just installed the CS-6700 12-23 cassette on my Trel 2.1 and what a difference. The Trek came stock with a compact 50/34 and 11-28 cassette. As I live in South Carolina's Lowcountry, I practically had no use for the 28, 24, and 11 rings. The 12-23 matched up with other Ultegra components (Dura Ace 7900 chain) provides a very smooth, quiet ride and still provides a great amount of training possibilities, even on flat ground. Shifting up and down throughout all of the rings is quite smooth and effortless. I still have the 11-28 that I can interchange should I ride in more hilly terrain, but for now, I'm quite happy with the selection the 12-23 provides.