SRAM PG-1070 10 Speed Cassettes

PG-1070 10 Speed

SRAM PG 1070 Cassette Improve your shifting with a SRAM cassette.  The SRAM PG 1070 cassette uses varying tooth profiling to provide consistently smooth shifting as well as an alloy carrier to keep the weight down. Varying...

RickNVA   Recreational Rider [Jun 29, 2010]
Strength:

Widest gear range I can find for a standard Dura Ace 7800 set-up...

Shifting was reasonably crisp

Had enough gearing for this hell ride - although I'd have paid another $80 for another gear tooth on one 29% wall!

requires vigilance that you do not cross-chain (and, we know we shouldn't anyway),and seems to necessitate more derailleur trimming than normal. Neither of which are show-stoppers.

After signing up for the Savageman Diabolical Double Gran Fondo (Garrett County, MD) I came to the stark realization that my Dura Ace 39 x 12-27 just wasn't going to cut it for me...The Diabolical Double is a suffer fest of 126 miles of up-and-down to the tune of 15,500 feet of climbing... I had three choices: go for a triple, a compact, or more cog gears. A triple would have been a waste of money (for me), I don't care for the shifting qualities of a compact and didn't want to remove-and-replace the crankset depending upon the severity of the hills, so I decided to pay $80 for one higher, and one lower gear... Trust me, it was worth every penny! In the future I'll likely upgrade my 7800 Dura Ace rear derailleur to a 7900 with the 12-29 cogset for extreme rides, but until then, I'm more than happy with the SRAM PG-1070.

Similar Products Used: IRD - did not work well for me. Shimano - always excellent.
OVERALL