SRAM Rival OG-1070 Cassettes

Rival OG-1070

Sram OG-1070 10-speed cassettes are designed for professionals who value innovation and seek out every competitive advantage they can get.

Bob Bennetton   Road Racer [May 16, 2012]
Strength:

Shifts OK ,except for the middle cog.Not heavy,not super light either.Easy to remove and throw away.Works fine in biggest 4 cogs...BUT>>>>

This review is for the cogset with the "missing tooth cogs"....a bad idea that SRAM has since abandoned..This design was flawed from new,but I thought it was the pawls in my rear hub...Under load,you hear a loud snap from your drive train,and you can feel it through the pedals.It doesn't really skip,but it is very annoying,and with a carbon bike/carbon wheels,it even freaks out other racers...Hey man,what's wrong with your bike?.....I finally figured out it only does this in the cogs that have the missing tooth...but I spent hours checking everyhting else first...I finally put on a cassette with regular teeth and guess what...??Yeah no more jolts under load,no more BANG noises,no big crack!snap! through your feet(carbon soled shoes)..I wasted whole season trying to figure this out,mostly because Reynold's freehubs are also know for skip/cracking noises/lurches..Bike shops told me it was the hub,or my chain,or a bottom bracket deal,or a crank spider ,or a quick release,or a cracked alloy axle ....and it turned out to be this #%@$!! useless cassette....did it from day one...SRAM should warranty all these,as they are just defective by design....

This cassette is defective by design...the skip tooth cogs do just that...they jerk under load...it is a terrible mistake to buy one of these,and SRAM should atleast supply new cogs

Similar Products Used: Shimano Ultegra,Dura Ace,Sram 1090
Sini   Recreational Rider [Jul 03, 2011]
Strength:

Smooth shifting

Clicking/Skipping sound comming from cassette or chain when riding in middle cog!

Got this cassette(Sram OG-1070 10 speed 11-28t) on my new 2008 Specialized Tarmac SL2 double. Noticed clicking/skipping sound comming from cassette when chain(Shimano Dura Ace 7801) is in the middle(5th.)cog. It gets much better once I shift to 6th. or 4th. cog and no clicking/skipping in any others Cogs. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY.I SEE MANY OTHER RIDERS FACING SIMILAR PROBLEM.My $800 bike is smooth and quiet and $4000 Tarmac first gave me cranset cracks now this stupid cassette and chain noise!

Similar Products Used: none
excelerator   Road Racer [Jul 15, 2009]
Strength:

Light, inexpensive, quick shifts, hidden cable routing, carbon levers

That damn skipping!

Rival group is great, except I have the skipping problem in the middle cogs. It skips much less when the chain is sparkling clean, but after a week the skipping returns. Any one have a fix for this? I have had 3 shops look at it and all have scratched their heads. Please help!

jtclaypo   Recreational Rider [Jun 16, 2009]
Strength:

Long-lasting
shifts great

chain skipping over the cogs

Product worked amazingly at first, but every once in awhile, the chain skips forward if I try and get out of the saddle and sprint. My chain has not even worn out yet, and don't know why this problem persists. I spoke with another rider, and he had the same problem.

Similar Products Used: cheap 9spd cassettes on a far older setup
Caruso   Road Racer [Feb 27, 2009]
Strength:

cheap, well built, fairly light,

not a single piece cassette therefore less stiff

This is for the 11-26 Cassette, , i also have the 1090 11-26 Red Cassette to compare with and run the 1090R chain, the 1070 is tad louder and sifting is not as crisp especially on the larger cogs, but it is a great work horse and comes at a fraction of the price and is still lighter than ultegra in the same class. I use it on my Mavic Cosmic Carbon were weight is less of an issue as you will not go for steep grades with deep dish rims.

Similar Products Used: 105 Cassette, Red Cassette
shybyday   Road Racer [Oct 29, 2008]
Strength:

Light, easy to clean.

I did have one strange instance of my chain, SRAM 1090, getting stuck at a strange angle. It's only happened once and could be attributed to the SRAM link more than anything else.

Simply put, this is a great cassette. It's light, easy to clean and the shifts are fast.

Similar Products Used: VArious SRAM and Shimano cassettes (7 to 10 spds)
robpar   Recreational Rider [Oct 11, 2008]
Strength:

Light, easy to install.

Can't seems to get rid of very slight chain noise. I've fooled with RD but on three middle gears I can't get rid of noise. Maybe it's the Shimano chain?

Replaced Ultegra 12x25 with SRAM 11x28. Currently running with compact 50/34. Nice, great for steep hills and the 11 tooth cog is great on the flats. This set-up gives all the gears I had on my triple.

Similar Products Used: Ultegra 12x25
rwfk   Recreational Rider [Sep 17, 2008]
Strength:

Better bottom and top end than the 12X25. Seems like more than a one tooth difference

None so far.

Replaced a Shimano Dura Ace 12X25 with the Sram 11X26. Used with Dura Ace DR's and chain, no difference in shifting noted. I like the extra range.

danielhaden   Recreational Rider [Jul 03, 2008]
Strength:

Much lighter than similarly advertised Shimano products. Easy to install. Nice strong alloy lockring. Runs smoother than similar Shimano products.
A huge help on hills.
Works with Ultegra RD 6600 SS (tiny 10x racer) derailleur too!

Slightly incompatible with Shimano chains.

Its the 11-28 1070 cassette. This seems to be a cyclocross cassette, although its quite luxurious for climbing and velotouring. It has the top four as a straight block and the bottom has slightly larger spacing. Its intent seems to be even figures in miles per hour between shifts.

Similar Products Used: 105 and Ultegra. The SRAM is better.