Praxis Works Compact Road Chainrings

• 7075 T6 AL
  • 110 BCD
  • 9/10/11sp
  • Compatible with Campy 11spd for use on NON-Campy Crank

These compact road ring sets are engineered for the highest performance shifts in all conditions. LevaTime® performance and our proprietary forging processe give the fastest shifts and longest lifetime of any ring on the planet. We offer them in a 2 different gearing options that will allow you to scale Mont Ventoux, the Passo del Ghisallo, and your driveway all in one day. Ok Ok... maybe just your driveway, but you get the picture.

• User Reviews (9)

JE   [Feb 01, 2017]
    Strength:

Sublime shifting performance

I put a set of 50-34 Praxis chainrings on my road bike about 4 years ago. They replaced a Dura-Ace crankset. Shifting performance is superb. A quick flick of the left wrist is all that's needed to make a precise and instantaneous shift from the small to the big ring. They shift as well as Dura-Ace and offer great value for the money. I haven't felt the need to go to electronic shifting at all, thanks to these rings.

Typetwelve   [Dec 02, 2013]
    Strength:

Quality, price, quality and price...need I say more?

Not much...looks maybe?

I bought a set of the newer mid-compact rings (52/36) 110BCD to replace the awful rings that came on my stock FSA Gossamer crank. As stated by many, they are superb. Cycling action is smoother (the FSA rings has a strange "vibration" to them) and shifting between BG/SG is crisp once you set it up well. Given the price and level of quality...I can't find a single thing to really complain about. Ok...well...one thing...I'm not the largest fan of the looks. They are ok but I wish they offered the look of their "classic" ring set for the mid compact line. That's a minor complaint though.

crosscat   Road Racer [May 04, 2013]
    Strength:

Super fast shifts. Strong. Good value for a higher end chain ring set. Beautifully made.

None at all!

I put a set of these on my CX bike to do some Crit racing. Installed the 52/36 mid-compact set. The up-shift is lightning quick in spite of the 16 tooth difference. I had some concerns that my 5600 FD would have issues with it since it is listed as having a max of 15 teeth difference. No need to worry. Great product. 100% satisfied. Hope they make some single ring stuff soon. I would love to have a 42 tooth single for cross!

Mike   Recreational Rider [Jun 25, 2012]
    Strength:

Positive shifting.
    Quiet

Replaced original SRAM Rival Compact chain rings. It was showing signs of wear and had several bent teeth from several thousand miles of riding. It lasted through 4 chains. The Rival chain rings aren't bad, but the Praxis chain rings have made a very positive impression,, which is good because the Praxis rings are not cheap.

I didn't realize how much the chain ring impacts shifting. Shifting is much more responsive with the Praxis chain ring than with the original chain rings. I would often miss the shift from small to large chain ring. Issue is resolved with the Praxis chain rings. I am using the SRAM 1091R Chain, and no problems with the shifting performance. Drive train seems much quieter with the new chain rings.

Chain Rings were not in stock at the local dealer, but they were able to get them in 3 days. Price was the same if I ordered through the local bike shop or from Praxis, so I chose to support a local shop.

Similar Products Used: SRAM Rival
    Shimano Ultegra
    Nicole   [Feb 14, 2012]
    Strength:

Affordable- awesome performance for the price. Several color choices. Cold-forged = strong stiff and precise!

None!

This chainring is 100% worth the money. I used it to replace the SRAM ones on my force crank that had a messed up tooth. I'm not super knowledgeable about bike parts but my shop told me about this company and the cold forging process and how it makes these stronger, stiffer and precise for better shifting. It's a pretty cool story so I decided to give them a try. I'm glad I did. I noticed a difference right away- my shifting is crisper and it feels great.

mnmasotto   Recreational Rider [Feb 07, 2012]
    Strength:

Perfect shifting! Good looks, light weight at 128 grams for both rings

I have used the Praxis Works Chainring set in std 53/39 format for the last 5-6 months. I mostly do recreational rides from 40-60 miles. I do alot of hil climbing. The chainset has shifted flawlessly on both my Di2 10 speed C59 and my Campy SR11 C50. The dealer support has been very good and they look very good. And would definitely buy this set again.

Similar Products Used: Fibre-lyte, KCNC, Campy, TA, Extralite Chainrings
    Steve   Recreational Rider [Feb 07, 2012]
    Strength:

Stiffness, Smoothness, looks and uniqueness! What else is there?

None I am aware of!

I am at that age that cycling is now just a hobby a hobby I am into 100%. I love the technology the new products and like to think I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to knowing about things related to cycling and the products we ride. I first purchased the 53/39 rings from Praxis to replace my Rotor rings on my Rotor crank. I found the look the finish and the shifting was very noticeably better. So I thought I would compare it to a set of Shimano rings on another bike. I must say I could not see a difference in stiffness and had a tendency to like the shift on the Praxis better. It was simply smooth and easy. I recently purchased a set of compact rings from Praxis and must say wow! If you do not have Shimano rings on your bike and have any other crank on the planet you need these rings. The shift is simply smooth and efficient. When pedaling it is like they are not even there they are so smooth when riding. The Leva Time shifting seems to work very well and I do not know if I will ever ride anything else. For the price the stiffness and the quality of the finish there is nothing that compares in my mind. I have 2 sets of these rings and love them both for they both perform the same in my mind when it comes to shifting and smoothness whether you are on the compact rings or the standard. This is probably one of the best upgrades to your bike that you could make for such a small price. You will be very impressed with them, and they look great on the bike!

Similar Products Used: Praxis Standard rings, Rotor Rings, Shimano
    Patrick   Recreational Rider [Feb 07, 2012]
    Strength:

Perfect shifting. Light weight. Looks.

I remember reading about Praxis Works chainrings some months back and decided to give them a try. Praxis Works rings replaced my Sram Red compact rings. While I like Sram components, their rings aren't the smoothest shifting. Contacted Praxis Works and spoke with Adam. After talking to Adam for a while, I felt really pumped about giving their rings a try. Purchased a set and received them in a couple of days. Installation was simple, just make sure you have the two rings mated properly. Had to do a small derailleur adjustment and I was off for a test ride.

These rings are amazing. Started off on the big ring and dropped down to the small ring. Smooth as could be. The real test would be shifting from the small ring to the big ring. With my Sram rings there would be a delay before the chain would catch. Not bad, but still a delay. Not so with the Praxis rings The shifting with the Praxis rings was immediate, no noise, just smooth as silk. The only way I knew that it actually shifted was my pedaling cadence was slower. All that I can say is wow! I didn't realize that rings could make that big of a difference.

Anyone that is looking for new rings, I say, give these a try. It wouldn't surprise me to see these as stock items on new bikes in the future.

Shane   Recreational Rider [Feb 07, 2012]
    Strength:

Very high quality ring. Fit and Finish are second to none. Functions 100% and shifts smooth. Creates a very Unique look on the bikes.

WHY NOT MAKE A Single SPEED MTB Ring....I'll take one in ALL BLACK 32h. 104mm! the SOONER the BETTER!

I own Bear Creek Bicycle Company in Dalton GA and we specialize in High end Custom builds. Praxis Works has become a Staple on our high end road builds. Fit and finish is excellent as well as the all black rings that we mated to the Look 695SR.

Similar Products Used: Campy, Shimano, SRAM rings....