WickWerks Road Double Chainrings

Road Double

WickWerks road standard chainrings come in the very popular 53/39T configuration and fit most all 130mm BCD, 5-bolt "Road" Cranks. These are perfect replacement chainrings for those looking to upgrade shifting performance. The rings are relatively light and stiff -- and cost a bunch less than most other brands. Best of all, these rings use the WickWerks Patented shift technology we call "BRIDGE". They shift fast and stable. When installed and shifted properly, there's no more of the "smash and drag" (grinding) shifts.

kztimmins   Road Racer [Oct 02, 2013]
Strength:

Truly does shift exceptionally well, better than any other chainrings that I've had.

had had some chain "skiing" with my 11 speed chain

These do outperform any chainrings that I've shifted. The upshift to the big ring is exceptionally smooth, quiet and very fast, it doesn't require the usual "hold, wait and grind" until the chain catches.

My 11 speed campy chain (obviously the best mechanical group on the market) does have a tendency to sky between the chrainrings when downshifting. I suspect this if much more about the spacing on the spider than the chainrings. There is no standardized chainring tooth thickness so, that may play a roll in my occasional problem. If you read this and run an 11 speed drive-train and had had a similar issue, maybe you can write a review yourself.

I have to give these 5 stars because the shifting is really nice.

OVERALL
Rick N   Recreational Rider [Mar 25, 2013]
Strength:

Un-paralleled shift performance.
Great value compared to stock SRAM and some other competitive aftermarket chainrings.

Makes my old Force crankset set look, well, old.
Would be nice to have ALL black look but I will deal with it.

Mix of SRAM Force (cranks/ shifters) and Rival (derailleurs) and have used SRAM replacement rings as well as competitive aftermarket chainring set promising better shifting. The aftermarket options have been better than stock but the WickWerks rings are that much better - and with a Rival FD! Main adjustment was dialing in the limit stops. Needed a new FD and considered a RED YAW but saved $70 and stuck with Rival. I am learning how to shift the FD all over again. I do admit to hesitancy to get out of the big ring once there as the stock shifting was so-so. When you look at the ramps on the back of the ring it becomes obvious why it is so much better - there are more ramps than pins on the stock rings. Plus the ramps grab the chain side plate and provide more support than pins do. Get these and the only way you will be disappointed is if you don't adjust your FD properly. When you change the rings - look at the wear pattern on the back of a SRAM big ring. I think I see where the inspiration came from. Used with KMC chain. I do not race but do put the long miles in especially in the summer - organized centuries as well as longer club rides.