Shimano HG-93 Chains

Shimano HG-93 Chains

XT/Ultegra level Shimano 9 Speed Chain Compatibility: 9 speed Connection: Includes Shimano Pin ...

[May 14, 2011]
Bobshere

I have recently exceeded 10,000 miles with this chain on TWO different road bikes I ride, and my Park chain wear tool shows I can still probably get a few thousand more miles on each chain !!! My road bikes are Ultegra with an XTR rear derailleur (giving me a super low 36/24 touring gear). I got ~6,000 miles on these previously. I switched to Pro Gold Chain Lube for the latest set of HG93's. I don't ride in the rain and lube the chains after ~250 miles. I haven't had any chain breaks or other problems. An amazingly excellent product from Shimano !!!!

[Mar 14, 2009]
Brian Aslett

Strength:

Easy to fit.
Quiet.
Long lasting.
Did not rust.

I've just replaced the chain after about 4 000 miles because it got to the wear limit. I've had no problems, easy to fit, smooth changing, quiet and unlike the previous 105 chain, did not rust (I've used Pedro's Ice Wax regularly).
I've just fitted another one.
After reading the reviews on the equivalent 10 speed chain, I guess I'll stay with my 9 speed gear set!

Shimano 105 chain

[May 12, 2002]
Barry

Strength:

Long lasting, quiet, reasonably priced.

Break off pin makes a chain cleaner mandatory.

My wife has used this chain for about 3,500 miles and it has not stretched at all, it''s like new. No problems(her weight is 125lb). I just put this chain on my bike and found both of them to be very quiet.

Shimano Dura Ace (good chain). SRAM PC-89R (squeaky, not good- be sure to read my review on that one).