SRAM PC-1090 Chains

PC-1090

Hollowpin construction provides smooth, precise shifting and weight savings without sacrificing strength.

Barricade   Road Racer [Feb 25, 2011]
Strength:

Smooth, quite and shifts awesome.

Just installed a new SRAM 1090 chain.....WOW, what a difference. While i am guilty of not changing my chain often enough, I am getting ready for a trip and wanted to make sure my bike was prepared. What an upgrade!!!

teacharrowpse   Triathlete [Jun 08, 2009]
Strength:

The noise!!! Even with triflow oil...

The chain is so loud, that I only road it for 1 week!!! Its sucks..........

Similar Products Used: pc-59 for mtb.
bdscott@comcast.net   Road Racer [Apr 20, 2009]
Strength:

None.

Installation

I have been using Sram 9 speed chains for years. The 10 speed leaves something to be desired. The connecting pin is not well made. It went on well sort of and then would not fit correctly causing the chain to skip. Had to use the chain remover to get the pos of the bike. It will be replaced with Campy soon.

carbonconvert   Recreational Rider [Apr 12, 2009]
Strength:

finish looks nice

questionable durability. Noisy and clunky when shifting.

I had this chain on my 09 Giant adv 1 w/sram force. It worked okay but is very noisy and clunky when shifting. The bike is not even 4 months old and a pin just broke right in the middle of a ride while shifting! I have replaced it with a dura ace chain-no noise and smoother. Maybe new chain for red group is better?

depp   Recreational Rider [Dec 27, 2008]
Strength:

light strong and engineered to take a beating. Actually made in a European nation.

Cost but hey I didn't pay for the chain.

Well first off the dura ace chain, excuse the pun. I checked the stretch on this so called Dura ace chain and stretch is an understatement. The chain became half an entire link longer, ya scarry. So it was time for a chain-ge. The pc1090 went on and the shifting again was at sram level. Teamed with the sram red cassette it feels like a $7000.00 S works. The chain is smoooth and fast, the lube also appears to hold well. Seriously Shimano dont live on your past, get with the sram ages.

Similar Products Used: Dura Ace, or Dura Joke whatever. Chinese steel Japanese factory still equals Chinese steel.
danielhaden   Recreational Rider [Jul 03, 2008]
Strength:

It got rid of that Shimano 105 shift problem! It was easy to install.

Lack of informational materials and comparitive reviews.
Lack of directions for the orientation of the powerlink. Its a 50/50 guess, but, fortunately, I guessed right because my 11t cog does NOT skip.

What a relief!! I can finally shift gears. This is a very helpful chain!
I actually used the PC-1070 (Rival series) chain.